It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Coyotes In The Park, Warm Morning, Cold Evening and Scratching Things Off Our To-Do List.

Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Kathy could barely keep her eyes open last night so she was in bed before 11:30 while I continued reading the Blogs we follow. As I was reading I thought I was hearing things outside so I opened a couple of windows. There was no mistaking the sound this time as it was a sound I became accustomed to last winter, Coyotes. There have been many sightings reported on the Local News for a number of years but last night reminded me of the Night-Time Desert Sounds. By what I could hear they were within the Wildwood RV Park Area.

We didn’t even need the Heavy Bedcover when we went to bed last night for added warmth because the temperature actually rose overnight. When we opened the Window Shades in the Living Area and looked outside the sky looked like we were about to have S@#w 
This is what it looked like the entire day.
As we were having our breakfast we had to start opening windows on the side of the trailer to allow the warmer outside air in. The Weather Guessers were very much on the money as far as the High Winds coming from the southwest so by leaving the back windows shut we weren’t getting the cooler breeze. 
Add caption
I cut my morning reading short this morning because I wanted to get some of the Inside Projects scratched off our To-Do List. The first thing I started with was removing the Television from the Bracket over the Electric Fireplace. Since mounting our Router, Modem and We-Boost behind the Television it has been impossible for the latch to work. The Router was too thick causing the Swing Arm Bracket to not come together. Remounting the Electronics differently still had the same affect so I had to go through my Parts Organizers in the Truck where I found Spacers with Longer Screws. This allowed me to add a Half Inch of Clearance which lets the Travel Latch work the way it should. 
Everything is working fine now.
For lunch we enjoyed another serving of our Homemade Turkey Noodle Soup along with Strawberry Covered Yogurt for dessert. 

After lunch we started getting Rain Showers on and off along with Thirty-Five MPH Winds so things started cooling down. By 2:00 we had to start closing the windows in order to stay warm.

My next project was to adjust our Skylight Cover that I made in the Bathroom. It was made to keep the Hot Sunlight out in the summer and the Cold Air out in the winter which it does well. It seems the Sunlight was still finding ways to seep around the Panel that I’d made. Having used “J” Rail to make the slides I needed to trim it back. When I removed the inside cover I had another mess to deal with. If you recall our Skylight was destroyed when we hit a Low Flying Bird while coming into Ohio last spring. Even though I had been very thorough of cleaning things up when I replaced the Skylight there was lots of Debris that came falling down this afternoon. After trimming the “J” Rail and reinstalling the Bathroom Skylight Cover it was so dark in there I needed to turn the light on to see. 

For supper Kathy couldn’t make up her mind what to have so she cooked some Perogies and micro-waved some Chicken Egg Rolls. May sound weird but they actually tasted pretty good together.

We’ve already had to cycle the furnace a few times to warm the trailer up this evening. The Weather Guessers are forecasting 39 F (4 C) tonight. Guess we’ll be keeping the Heavy Bedcover on tonight. They also forecasted 55 F (13 C) for a high tomorrow. Fall is Back! Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

The search for happiness is one of the chief sources of unhappiness.

Eric Hoffer, American Philosopher

4 comments:

  1. Television hookup ... now there's a project I would never attempt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty interesting how you have all the electronics mounted behind the TV. You don;t get any interference with all of that in close proximity?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a productive day. We are crossing our fingers that the weather guessers are wrong there is the use of the "snow" word on the 26th up our way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With Coyotes around late night walks could be exciting!

    ReplyDelete