It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Busy Getting Ready To Hit The Road and A Different Kind Of Happy Hour.


Our Location today is La Posa South LTVA, Quartzsite, Arizona, U.S.A. 

Even though I spent some time staring at the ceiling through the night I still managed to be up before Sunrise this morning. I only managed to open the window shades in the Living Area and start making breakfast when Kathy came downstairs. She also witnessed the Sun as it lit the mountain range from behind before it slowly crawled over lighting the LTVA with all it’s glory. 

We had a list of chores that needed to be done today before we pull out tomorrow morning. While Kathy checked her messages and her morning Blogs I was busy changing the Bed Linen. Not knowing where the Laundromats will be in the area we’ll be going we wanted to freshen things up before we leave. It also took additional time to sort the other clothes before finally loading it in the truck before we left.

It was nearly 10:30 by the time we pulled out of La Posa South heading towards Quartzsite. We had been warned about doing our laundry during the Big Tent so we found other places to do it. Since the Tent finished up business last Sunday we figured we were safe but when we pulled into the parking lot of the Main Street Laundromat we knew we were Wrong. Kathy had planned on reading her book while I washed our clothes but as soon as I checked the place out I knew that I needed her help. I managed to get two washers in one row and two more in another. As they were finished we used a laundry cart to stand in line waiting for dryers. We finally managed to get four dryers all in a group which helped make things handier. The place was a Zoo and Kathy doesn’t do well in Chaos like that.
 

It was 12:40 by the time we finished folding the laundry as team. After putting everything into the truck we enjoyed lunch at the Main Street Eatery where we both enjoyed a very filling lunch.  
It was after 1:00 when we left and we still had a number of things yet to scratch off our list. The next stop was the Gas Station where after topping off our Five Gallon Jerry Can with Gasoline I also topped off the truck with Diesel 

Around the corner to the Family Dollar Kathy went inside to walk around and get a Case of Bottled Water while I was busy filling our Water Jugs at the Reverse Osmosis Dispensing Machine outside. It was a good thing the back seat of the truck was empty this morning because at that point it had gotten quite full. 
Our last stop was at the RV Pit Stop where we topped off our second Thirty Pound Propane Tank. I was surprised that between our Refrigerator, the Hot Water Heater for our showers and using our Kitchen Stove Top for cooking that the Tank had lasted just over two weeks. 
We arrived Home just before 2:30 so after unloading our Water and Laundry I started working at closing up the small outside things and getting the truck backed in close to hook up in the morning. 
It was shortly after 3:00 when Gerry and Tucker arrived for Happy Hour. Melinda was busy cooking a Meat Loaf on the Weber Q and would be over within a few minutes. Kathy was trying to spoil Tucker and had set up Empty Water Bottles that he could Attack and Play with. 
Gerry was curious about what was involved to set up Solar Panels on a trailer because if they keep their existing trailer or get another RV he would like to add solar to it. He didn’t mind looking at the mess in the Basement as I explained how the Charge Controller charged the Batteries from the Energy harvested by the Solar Panels. He was still not sure what I meant so after Melinda arrived I had Gerry follow me to the roof. I explained why I mounted the panels the way I did and even opened the Junction Box on the roof so he could see first hand how it was wired. Back on the ground I explained how the Inverters changed the Battery Power to the Electricity we use for everything else. While we had been on the roof Kathy had given Melinda a tour of the trailer. Melinda understood why we call it our Home. 

After Happy Hour was over I quickly repacked the Basement and added our Weber Q along with our Camping Chairs inside. Kathy swept off our Patio Mat while I climbed back on the roof and lowered our Solar Panels so I don’t have to do it in the morning. Kathy was inside putting away most of the Laundry while I mounted our Step Ladder to the RV Ladder. 

Kathy was back inside researching where we’ll be going for the next couple of weeks so that was the perfect opportunity for me to fill our Pill Doucettes and since I do six and a half weeks worth of pills at a time it took a bit over an hour and a half. 
We aren’t in a hurry to leave in the morning and will definitely be saying our “See You Laters” before we hit the road. I’ll be busy catching up on my Blog Reading over the next few days since I didn’t have time today. According to the Weather Guessers we weren’t supposed to get any high winds tonight but right now our Slide Toppers are taking quite a beating.  Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

A fine line by Mark Twain: 

We Americans are the most lavish, showiest and most luxury-loving people on earth; and at our masthead we fly one true and honest symbol, the gaudiest flag the world has ever seen.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a safe travel day and are all tucked in at your new spot.

    ReplyDelete