It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, November 14, 2016

Resolving Challenges and Facing More.


Our Location today is Deming, New Mexico, U.S.A. 

Another night of wonderful sleep helped us to feel better when we woke this morning at 7:30 MST. As soon as we’d finished eating breakfast we took the time to do our morning reading on the computers. According to the Weather Network forecast Deming, New Mexico was at a brisk 37 F (3 C) at 8:00 MST so I didn’t feel guilty about not being outside that early. By 9:00 our reading and inside chore were finished so it was time to get things moving.  

It took a while for me to get the tools and parts that I’d be needing to finish working on the stabilizers ready and after getting as far as I could on the front jacks I started looking at the rear ones. I mentioned that I had installed the stabilizers on our Avalanche so I figured that this trailer should be just as easy. The front of this trailer the side mounts will have to be Drilled and Tapped into the Frame Rail because there is no way to use Bolts with Nuts. I changed the pad bolts on the rear jacks getting ready to add a stabilizer the same as on the Avalanche when suddenly I couldn’t seem to make it line up to the Rear Cross Member the way the instructions recommended. Thinking of working on something else I put things away and went in to change. I had been wearing coveralls with my Black T Shirt and Jeans underneath and I hadn’t been drinking anything. My head was spinning from mild Dehydration. 

We had an early lunch and while Kathy finished getting ready I went outside to make certain things were away when Greg drove up to advise us not to leave our awning out if we went away. My head was still spinning slightly when I mention the problem with the rear jacks. Greg’s response was to connect the Stabilizers forward to the Side Frame Rail not the Cross Member. You don’t have to do this type of work all the time to solve a problem. 
We were on our way to True Value Hardware in Deming for some supplies. This also gave us a chance to see what other stores were available if we needed anything. When we were registering at Dream Cather RV Park on Saturday, Bob when asked had given us a map that led us exactly to the Hardware Store. After looking unsuccessfully for Self-Tapping 3/8 16 NC Bolts a clerk helped me find a 3/8 16 NC Tap, 5/16 Drill Bit and a Tap Wrench. While there I also found an External Lock Ring that would repair my Automatic Centering Punch and some Plastic Conduit that will hold wires on the outside of the Frame Rail. 
On the return drive Home, we saw where the local Walmart and other stores are located. The outside temperature was only 72 F (22 C) at the time but it felt much warmer standing in direct sunlight. Even though we had left the windows open before leaving the temperature had risen to 91 F (33 C) inside the trailer. Opening the door and turning on the Fantastic Fans soon had the temperature back to where it was comfortable. 
Remembering to stay hydrated I managed to thread the Frame Rails and finish mounting the Front Side Rail Stabilizers. Since it wasn’t supper time yet I managed to turn both the Swivel Mounts on the rear jacks then struggling with the sun in my eyes I managed to drill the Rear Roadside Frame Rail before calling Kathy outside. I needed her to act as a Sun-Blocker while I piloted the last two holes. It was at this point that my Hand-Drill stopped working. It had been giving me problems lately but today there was no way it would drill just two more holes. I finished mounting the Rear Roadside Stabilizer before putting everything away. 

We spoke with our daughter-in-law Jen tonight who needed some advice. It is nice just being just a phone call away from the kids. Tomorrow I’ll work on something else until I can get the drill running again. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

Words of Inspiration 

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure. 

Mark Twain, American Writer

3 comments:

  1. Seems like it is always something with our movable homes....but look at the wonderful benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bottle of water in my hands all the time when I'm in the southwest. This past trip, I bought a bottle of saline nose spray--couldn't stand how dry my nose felt. You have to be careful out there. Hydration comes quickly.

    ReplyDelete