It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Searching for Wire, Redesigning, Dealing With A Scam, Got The Wrong Part and Taco Tuesday.


Our Location today is Deming, New Mexico, U.S.A. 

I kept trying to cover my head to block the sunlight that was peaking around the edges of the blinds this morning but that didn’t help because my mind had already seen the light. Looking a bit more carefully at the clock it wasn’t quite 7:00 MST but back in Ontario we’d have already started our day. 

I’d barely opened the blinds in the living area of the trailer when Kathy got out of bed. I had just started the water kettle to boil by the time she was already coming downstairs. We watched as RV after RV pulled out of the park while we had our breakfast. Most of those units had come off the road due to the High Winds and the Dust the area was experiencing yesterday.  

We finished our coffees at the computers and had our reading completed by 9:00 before the temperature rose to 41 F (5 C). I needed a piece of wire to connect the Progressive Industries EMS (Electrical Management System) but when I called the True Value Hardware Store was told they didn’t carry that heavy a wire and the Electrical Store in town had closed earlier this year. Figuring that job could be done at our next stop in Casa Grande I went Online to finding their phone numbers. I called five shops before getting one that carried the type of wire needed. I’ll pick it up when we are there on Monday. 

As soon as I’d finished my inside chores I didn’t waste any time dressing warmly to head outside. Our time here at Dream Catchers RV Park is drawing to an end and there are still some things that must be finished before we leave. My main objective is to finish running the wires to the back of the trailer through the Plastic Conduit that I’ve just installed. In order to do that this morning the basement actually had to be emptied out so the rear wall could once again be removed. With the basement totally opened up I double checked underneath the trailer where the Conduit would come through the basement floor. The fact that I had rushed to create a fitting that is not manufactured caused me to make a mistake and now I’d have to redesign it. 
Pork Stir Fry on Spaghetti and Blueberry Jello with Dream Whip.
Kathy called me in for an early lunch having recreated the Vegetables and a bit of the Pork Roast from Sunday. She created a Stir Fry that she served over Spaghetti Noodles. It was only something that she thought up but it tasted great and she will be making it again in the future. 

Explaining to Kathy the problem with the fitting she said she’d stay at Home while I went back to the Hardware Store to get what I needed. It was just then that her computer froze up with a message from Microsoft to call a 1-888 number. Kathy leaves that to me so I went on my machine and left a message with Microsoft about the Issue, giving them the Phone Number and asking if it was a Scam and leaving our contact number. While waiting for them to call me back I was able to reboot Kathy’s computer and make it functional again. It took ten minutes before they called me back. Microsoft only uses a 1-800 numbers and will not freeze up anyone’s computer. They recommended a quick fix, by doing a Systems Restore until we can have it checked by someone we trust. 

I picked up the new Conduit Elbow and a few additional Long Ls at the Hardware Store. When I finally got Home the first thing I did was to lay under the trailer to mark where I was going to drill my holes. That’s when I saw it. I’d gotten a Left-Hand Conduit Elbow instead of a Right. When you are lying on your back looking up between Drain Pipes and Frame Rails you can get turned around. Informing Kathy of the mistake I had to go back to the Hardware Store 
You can't buy a Conduit Elbow like this.
A half hour later I was finally back Home with a Right-Hand Conduit Elbow but now I had to modify it. In  the future I’ll be adding additional Turn Signals in place of the Side Markers so that meant routing additional Conduit through the basement floor. In the time I finished just fastening all the Conduit in place the temperature was dropping, the sun starting to set and it was time to close up for the day. 
Part of the gang from the Park for Taco Tuesday.
I was exhausted by the time I closed up but after cleaning myself up and changing my clothes we were off for supper. We joined others from the Park, next door at the Lazy Lizard Restaurant for Taco Tuesday. It was a slightly smaller group then last week but everyone still had a good time. 
It’s starting to be crunch time and we are both looking forward to when I’m finished all these projects and we can relax and do some exploring. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

Words of Inspiration 

All art is immoral. 

Oscar Wilde, Irish Poet and Playwright

3 comments:

  1. We have had to stop over in Deming a few times due to high winds and blinding dust storms, soon you will be outta there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like this is pretty much a working holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these days, it's popularly bought in liquid extract shape, although it's no longer unlikely for them to be sold in powder or pill. There are manufacturers that add some different elements.For more ==== >>>>>> http://testoupmaxfacts.com/max-testo-xl/

    ReplyDelete