It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, July 17, 2015

No Gremlins On A Hot Day.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

It wasn’t perfect but we both managed to have a decent night’s sleep. I finally woke just as the clock struck 8:00 so I thought that I’d get an early start to the day. As soon as I left the bedroom Kathy started sensing my absence and by the time I’d opened the window blinds and started getting breakfast ready she joined me in the dining room. My thoughts of getting an early start on additional turning driving lights on the truck were quickly dashed simply by looking out the balcony doors as the rain was steadily coming down. 

We spent most of the morning on the computers and it wasn’t until just before lunch that the skies started to clear. As we ate our second meal of the day the Weather Network warned about working outside for prolonged periods this afternoon due to the high heat index that would be making it feel well above the century mark. 

Since I had disassembled the light fixtures and modified them this morning in the apartment I carried only the outer shells out and installed them in their new spot. By doing that it ensured that when I went back in the apartment to retrieve the last of the assemblies I cooled down somewhat by sitting for a few minutes and having a refreshing cool drink. From my years of working in a hot environment in high temperatures you learned it was healthier to drink warm to cool refreshments not cold or iced. It took almost another hour and a half to finish the final assembly and wiring. Unlike the mudflaps there were no Gremlins to chase down on this job. 

Due to the warm temperatures outside Kathy didn’t want me grilling outside and had cooked up supper by the time I finished outside. Now that I’ve crossed a couple of things off my to-do list we see what we can accomplish next. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

More Key West Pics.


Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You’re barred for life from a Pep Boys parking lot.

1 comment: