It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Easy Calculator and Making Progress.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Even though we were running the Air Conditioner since yesterday we still slept quite soundly and Kathy’s allergies haven’t bothered her since. I had breakfast ready to make and all my morning blog reading finished by the time Kathy woke up. After eating breakfast I finished modifying the spreadsheet that I had been working on for the last few days and when I tested it everything work just fine. 
That was when I noticed Kathy at her desk struggling to calculate our time away in the US. Since we have become Snowbirds in the last few years we are now required to fill in an 8840 Form for the US I.R.S. to show we are not having any financial gain while visiting the US. The I.R.S. uses a three year formula before you are required to fill in the 8840 form. They use the full amount of time for the present year, one third of the time from last year and one sixth of the time for the previous year. As far as the US Immigration is concerned we are only allowed in the US for 182 days per calendar year.
Kathy was busy recreating the leftovers in the fridge while I worked on adding an additional page to our accounting files. After enjoying a delicious lunch I showed Kathy what I’d created. At first she said it wasn’t accurate but once she’d double checked it with a calculator she felt more secure. I spent additional time afterwards adding a few built in safeties which really made her feel more secure.
Once Kathy’s spreadsheet adjustment was finished I headed outside to clean out the backseat of the truck. While Ross and I worked on the antennas yesterday there was some recyclable trash that was created. I also brought a few tools in so that I’d be able to work on the mudflaps that were laying on a tarp in the living room. Inside the apartment I kept any falling debris from the mudflaps contained on the tarp. What the problem with the mudflaps is that I mounted marker lights on them and the sealant that I used must have been old and allowed moisture into some of the lamps. Now I have to disassemble them entirely and clean them off before reassembling them hopefully for the last time. I had to return to the truck to get replacement fasteners that I carry in my organizers because the moisture that had filled the lamps also corroded the fasteners.
Kathy had already made supper by then again using up food from the freezer that we are trying to eliminate and more leftovers. Once we had washed the dishes I made use of the dishwater to clean the stainless steel trim for the mudflaps afterwards.
You normally see these homes in Florida.
Didn't think of seeing them in a Flood Plain in the mountains.
Tomorrow we have a few things on our agenda and then I’m hoping to scratch a thing or two from my to-do list. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Pictures taken by Kathy
on our way to 
North Carolina.


Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your barn is nicer than your house.

2 comments:

  1. The IRS should be thanking you for all the money you spent here that they could tax! :cD

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been filling out the 8840 for many years now.

    ReplyDelete