It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Change of Plans and a Fun Visit.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

We all have strange dreams once in a while but I couldn’t believe the one I had last night. I was building furniture in my dream to the point where I was working in my sleep. It finally woke me up. I couldn’t fall back to sleep because my mind started racing calculating and measuring. The laugh about it is we have no need for any kind of furniture at this time. I was awake for nearly an hour before I drifted back to sleep so that also meant that I was a late riser this morning. When I explained the dream to Kathy at breakfast she had herself a good laugh.   

Kathy had finished her morning reading on the computer and was in the kitchen cooking and baking when there was a knock on our door. Dan the building handyman was here to sand the dried filler he’d applied last week. This surprised us because we normally get a written notification of what day that he’d be around. He had just taken the chance that he could do it today but with all the dust he’d have made would not have gone too good with the food Kathy was in the middle of cooking. No problem he’ll be back on Friday. 

I had planned on getting things completed for the truck today but the laundry was starting to pile up so we stirred the Jell-o and after lunch I did the laundry. The problem was that everyone in the building that was home at the time had the same idea. The few loads that I had to do should not have taken longer than two hours including the folding. Today it took nearly three and a half hours to accomplish the same task waiting for the machines. By the time I returned to the apartment Kathy was just putting a pizza in the oven for our supper. 

After our satisfying supper we drove out to Amherstburg for our weekly Wednesday evening visit with our son Kevin and daughter-in-law Melissa. We always have an enjoyable visit with them that is also filled with laughter. With the heavy cloud coverage filling the sky and the fact that the sun is starting to set earlier it was starting to get dark by the time we headed for home. 

I’ve got some phone calls to make in the morning before I take care of an appointment. Maybe then I’ll be able to get back to my to-do list. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Tonight's pictures taken in
Florida this past winter. 


Krackers

What has four legs, is big, green, fuzzy, and if it fell out of a tree and landed on you, would kill you?


A pool table.

4 comments:

  1. Changing plans is something we do more often than not. It's good to be flexible. It helps the stress when we change so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you wake up exhausted from all the building? I can't remember the last time I remembered a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love changing plans, some times by the hour, keeps us on our toes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Staying busy keeps me out of trouble...Sherri does not like me to just sit around doing nothing. Looks like your laundry duties keep you out of the way for an hour or so.

    ReplyDelete