It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Hot Weather For a Power Problem.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Getting out of bed around 7:30 this morning I managed to have everything set up to make breakfast and had read half the morning blogs we follow by the time Kathy woke up. She was up by 8:00 the problem was that hardly anyone took the time to write last night. I know that lots of people don’t feel that life itself is worth writing about but sometimes our repetitious days are what keep others entertained. Since these are Blogs, Logs, Ledgers or Diaries whatever you wish to call them they are also a way for the writer to recall exactly what they did on a particular day. 

Our daughter Karen had asked me to do a little landscaping job in their backyard and was supposed to call for us to come over this morning. When she hadn’t called by 10:30 Kathy called to find out that Karen wasn’t feeling very well so we’ll see her when we visit tomorrow. 

With that change of plans I brought things to the truck that needed to go to the trailer this afternoon. I then fired up the Weber and grilled some nice Pork Kabobs for our lunch while Kathy warmed up the leftover garlic noodle dish she made from the other night. It all tasted great and wasn’t overfilling. 

Once the dishes were washed Kathy went to work on our expenditure spreadsheet to get the entries put in that she couldn’t while I revised the program last week. Since there was a forecast for severe thunderstorms this afternoon with the Humidex hovering around the century mark again I was out the door as soon as I could. 

When it rains where we have the trailer stored it’s like the trailer is in the middle of a pond. Luckily when I got there it was nice and dry so I immediately started pulling containers from the basement so that I could repack them with things that I’d brought to the apartment. I was also on the hunt for my Grommet Tool and it wasn’t where it should be so I looked in a number of other containers unsuccessfully. I’ll definitely find it when I don’t need it. 

Back at the apartment Kathy was just finishing her book keeping when I got back and the coolness from the Air Conditioning felt wonderful. We were just about to start cooking supper at 4:20 when our power suddenly went out. Other neighbors on the floor were coming out because of the same problem. That meant one of the main breakers that feeds power to the second and third floor had popped again. The manager wasn’t in so I simply called the emergency service number for the building. The person that answered in Toronto took the information and said they’d send out an Electrician. 

Since we couldn’t cook in the apartment around 5:30 we drove to the A&W on Manning Road where we used a coupon and had an enjoyable meal at a reduced price. The cold drink and their Air Conditioned dining room were welcome reliefs from the outside temperatures. 

Back at the apartment we’d no sooner got home when the thunderstorms that had been forecasted began coming down. We busied ourselves reading books and doing puzzles using flashlights. Finally at 7:35 our power was restored. Since I was the one that called in the problem the Electrician called to know if we had our power back on. He also said there was a major problem with the breaker that will have to be replaced. Glad that we’re not paying for it! 

Kathy and I would like to welcome Jan Mains from the blog Bill and Jan RVing the USA as our latest follower. Kathy and I have been following their travels for quite some time now and are hoping to be able to cover some of the same territory that they have traveled. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Pictures taken by Kathy
in Tennessee this Spring.


Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

Pointy-Haired Boss: I need you to work on a highly confidential project. When you're done, I want you to dig your own shallow grave and beat yourself to death with the shovel.

Dilbert: Why does it feel as if my entire career has been in preparation for this project?

Pointy-Haired Boss: You're welcome.

Scott Adams, Dilbert

2 comments:

  1. We've had more than our share of thunderstorms and humidity here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hot and humid in the city, thats why we love hanging out in the country.

    ReplyDelete