It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, August 5, 2013

Cooking and Getting Ready.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

Both Kathy and I managed to sleep fairly sound last night allowing us to wake up well rested. After breakfast of toasted bagels and coffee we both had plans on doing things separately. 

I started by packing away our travel printer so that we could return it to the trailer later in the day. Kathy began by cutting all the ingredients for her version of Pepper Steak which in my opinion taste far better and is healthier for us than any store bought or restaurant version of the same dish. 

My next job was to go do a few things that I was just too disoriented the other day to finish on the truck. When I had installed the new mud flaps on the rear of the truck I noticed they tended to sag forward towards the tires. The other day while at the trailer I had drilled holes for the lamps in the air-dam and the rear fender skirts on the truck so today I finally got the screws with fender washers installed to complete the job. I also added the last two lamps on the light bar because it is still difficult to see the outside duel tire when parking near a curb in the dark. 

When opening the air gate I noticed a sloppiness in its seating. Looking closer I found all the rubber bushings were gone and the hinges are metal on metal. Either somebody at Vehicle Venture accidentally took the gate off while working on the Toneau Cover and didn’t realize the bushings had come out or someone just being nosy dropped the gate and put it back again losing all the bushings. Another job to take care of. 

By the time I got back in the apartment Kathy had finished cooking supper and was now baking some heavenly Walnut Tarts and Rollie Pollies. The least I could do was help do the dishes that she hadn’t washed yet. The Rollie Pollies are made from the excess pastry dough that most people throw away. Kathy adds butter, brown sugar and cinnamon and they are now tasty treats with no waste. She had also made a wonderful King Crab salad that we enjoyed for lunch. 

After lunch we went to Guardian Storage to stow things in the trailer and where I could safely change the fuel filter on the truck without my having to worry about fuel that might drip on the dusty crushed stone. What did come out was all water that had gathered in the filter and whenever I transferred fuel it removed the water but wouldn’t allow any fuel to pass through anymore because the container was now full of water. 

Getting back to the apartment as soon as you opened the door to our floor all you could smell was Kathy’s Pepper Steak which was better than the Diesel smell that had dripped onto my clothes. After a late afternoon shower and a wonderful supper we started making plans for tomorrow. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Every faucet in your home is permanently dripping.

No comments:

Post a Comment