It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Busy Bouncing Ball.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

You can tell that we’ve been home for a few days because I’m spending more time staring at the ceiling than sleeping at night. The strangest part is when I sleep soundly I also sleep late but if I have a rough night I’m wide awake early and raring to go. I was opening the curtains in the living room before 7:30 to be greeted by wet pavement and cars with their wipers sweeping back and forth in the parking lot.

Kathy was tired enough that she slept until 8:00 before joining me in the living room. After cereal and coffee we quickly scanned E-mails and Blogs before heading out the door. We had a number of errands that needed to be done today and the first one was stopping at the Insurance Company’s local office to submit the claim of damage for the truck and the trailer. We almost felt guilty about it but their answer was that was what we pay insurance for.

The next stop was the Credit Union so we’d have money to by lunch. The third stop was at the Ford dealership to schedule an oil change for next week. Now we took time to stop at Wendy’s for lunch.

After lunch the rain had stopped so we went to the tire shop to order four new tires for the trailer and four new tires for the rear on the truck. The tire dealer showed us where on the trailer tire that had blown it showed they were made in China. All the new tires will be Good Year tires that are made in the U.S.A. because we’re not playing roulette waiting for another tire to blow.

Now we made our way to Dominion Body Shop where both Kathy and I have had our vehicles repaired for over twenty years. John took pictures and brought the technician that will be working on it to check if they’d need to pull the box off the frame or not because we noted the bumper also has a twist in it.

The seventh stop was at my family doctor where I had my yearly physical and passed with flying colors. He noted that the incision from the Hernia surgery had healed exceptionally well but agreed with the surgeon about waiting a full three months before slowly beginning to exercise again.

Back at the apartment I spoke with Bill Brown the manager of the General RV outlet that we purchased our trailer. I explained my concerns about something I thought was a warranty issue as well as the needed repairs on the trailer and the winterizing for this season. If Keystone would send the required parts to Canada as fast as they do their U.S. dealers I would have brought the trailer back to Sun Parlour Trailer in Amherstburg but I couldn’t wait that long.

While I was on the phone Kathy was busy making supper. Because I wanted to do the laundry tonight she insisted on doing the dishes herself. Surprisingly even though others were doing their laundry as well I had no waiting time for any machines and even had time to go back to the apartment while the clothes were drying and watch the 6 o’clock news  

When I returned the final time after folding all the clothes Kathy was on the phone talking to our friend Vera who had a knee replacement just before we left on this last outing. She has already started Physical Therapy and is already noticing a big improvement.

After hanging up from Vera, Kathy told me Ernie had called. We played a small game of phone tag before Ernie finally caught up with me. He’s still having his share of challenges and sometimes feels like the Oncologists that are treating him just aren’t trying to resolve his Cancer. Anyone that has battled such a disease or been a care giver can totally relate to that.

The rain stared again and there’s still more to do tomorrow but hopefully it will be a bit slower paced. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.          

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your wedding dress had an animal-print.

1 comment:

  1. A peace of mind with good tires on your rig, sure worth the money.
    Hope you can get the trailer repairs done soon.

    ReplyDelete