It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012

Cool Cooking Day

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Last night after posting our blog I was reading all the other blogs that had posted on our sidebar. When I read Peter and Bea’s American Traveler they were saying how Blogger had turned their Site Visitors counter back to the beginning. I didn’t think much about it until I was going to close down for the night and saw the same thing had happened to us. I immediately submitted a feedback to Google about the problem.
The wind was blowing hard enough to rattle the windows but I fell asleep fairly quickly due the lack of sleep from Saturday night. I struggled to wake myself by 9:00 but felt totally refreshed once I was out of bed. The weather was looking promising with nice billowing clouds and beautiful blue sky peering through with only the slightest breeze.
After breakfast the first thing I looked at on the computer was our site counter and was very pleased to see that Google had reset it. After a short while Kathy decided it was a cooking day. She truly hates to see anything in the fridge spoil and since everything was fresh from the grocery store just the other day she had a lot of work ahead of her.
Even with everything she had to work with she suddenly realized she was short a few ingredients. While she continued doing what she could I headed back to the grocery store with a list of things needed.
In the short time I was gone she had four dishes finished and one just happened to be our lunch Taco Soup. That was a good thing because the warmer weather that the forecast had predicted seemed to disappear. The wind had gotten very sharp and cold making me hope for the return of summer. The Taco Soup did a wonderful job of warming us from the inside out.
The rest of the afternoon Kathy continued to make a few more dishes until she knew that there was nothing in the fridge that would spoil. I took care of E-mails and reading more of the blogs. Since Christmas is 70 days away and all our shopping is complete and wrapped we can now relax.
Thanks for following and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

The dentist in your town filed for bankruptcy.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you and Cathy work so well together. I could almost smell that Taco soup!

    Christmas shopping done? Good for you. I don't really do any, now, unless I buy a family gift for each of my kids. I don't miss it!

    Love reading your blog. You seem to live your lives with such ease and love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you still have humming birds????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your shopping is all done! If I did that I would be so sick of looking at Christmas stuff by the time the actual day arrived. I usually put my decorations out around the end of November and start wrapping gifts and I'm still ready to stop seeing it around by the end of Dec. :)

    ReplyDelete