It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, February 10, 2012

Confusing Computer/Blogger Day.

Our Location Today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

After breakfast we headed to the computers. Again Kathy and I read our E-mails and did replies. Then it was time to read the blogs we follow. Kathy gave up after awhile because it was taking up to five minutes to get to some of the sites. My machine was only taking three minutes to get on the sites but then another minute before I could read down the page. Many of those pages no longer had their followers list under their Header Pictures others didn't even have their Header Pictures. Many times I would just get on to the site and it would close down or I'd try to leave a comment and after typing only ten words it would tell me I had timed out. I'm not that slow of a Typist! This has been happening on and off for the last few days but this has been the worst today.

Kathy continued having problems on other sites away from blogger to the point where she had to run full scans and defrags in order for her computer to even work. So she could accomplish anything I set her laptop up next to her desk and it was flying along compared to our PCs. Just in the last hour that they have regained any normal functioning speed to them.

As I had mentioned the last few days that Nan Talley from Confessions of the RV Loving Fiber Artist will be continuing to work her crafts once she and her husband John are on the road. Well today I received a comment from Karen Pfundtner From Rving: Small House... Big Backyard that Nan and I are almost on the same wave length here too. We are both spinners, weavers, knitters and basically FIBERHOLICS! Sorry to hear that ladies because I don't think they have a twelve step program for that. All kidding aside at least you will never be bored and are doing something benificial and not harmful to yourselves. Keep your goals in sight so the end result will be your rewards. Good Luck!

Well the snow they predicted for today only came as a light dusting so we are keeping our fingers crossed that the bigger snowfall for tonight does the same. Unfortunately they were right about the colder temperatures so lets hope the warmth returns on Tuesday. We are also hoping the prediction of the early Spring holds true as well because the way it feels right now we don't want to wait another 39 days for it to arrive. Good night Folks we're going for a swim. Stay Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.

Krackers


What happens when a frog parks illegally?

It gets toad away.

5 comments:

  1. I hate slow internet. Isn't it funny how we become so used to instant responses. Remember when wen we had only phone modem speed? Or even before that....no internet!!

    Mike and Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read in a news report that there is much solar flare activity and that it could play havoc with computers. I wonder if that is your problem....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the joke - especially since we drag a small car around behind the motorhome...

    ReplyDelete
  4. how dependant we become...on the computers :)..they keep us in touch with friends and family...I remember when I only had dial up and our first computer cost a fortune and was only a 20 meg harddrive..we've come a long way baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out! Yes, Nan and I are both hopelessly fiber-pated. LOL At least my spinning wheel, table loom and sockknitting machine all fit in the motorhome. I set them up sometimes out under the awning and knit or spin or weave away the day... ahhhhhh paradise!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete