It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lost Day

Our Location Today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

As we were about to shut our computers down last night Kathy noted that our Security program on her computer was not turned on. Mine was still working and I was getting tired from all that complaining I had to do yesterday so when I couldn't get it to turn on at that point just figured I'd fix it in the morning.

We both slept well last night but by 7:00 my back told me it was time to get out of bed. Even though it was earlier than usual I went through my normal routine of starting the computers, opening all the curtains, get the coffee started, turn the television on to the weather channel and bring in the newspaper. The first thing I see on my computer is a message saying that my Security program was also not turned on. This was starting to have a pattern here so I set up the laptop to check it out and had the same message.

Now at 7:15 in the morning everybody is always on the phone with their Internet Technical Support. With no waiting time I'm connected with Stanley who checks over my account and proceeds to tell me that even though my new modem has been activated for ten days that no-one activated the Security program for it. My answer was that it had worked up until last night after I had to straighten my bill up yesterday. He apologized saying there was no way of activating it for at least 24 hours but if he could find a way he would call me back. Even on my insistance he persisted until I had no choice but to accept his answer because I was getting ready to reach through the phone and touch someone.

Kathy was up by then and insisted I call him back but I needed to cool down. After having breakfast I dug out my old slower than Molasses laptop and set it up. Low and Behold it worked like a charm running in reverse but it worked. We checked our E-mails and Kathy checked some of the blogs we follow but as of this moment I haven't read anyone's blog today. I'll be pulling a late shift catching up tonight.

I had to draw up a design sketch of something I need to have made and had not had a chance to do it until today so I worked on it until nearly 2:00 pm and decided to take a break. My break was used to call back my Technical Support but this time my call was directed to Rene'. I explained about the happenings of the day before and my conversation with Stanley this morning and his answer. He practically jumped out the phone at me saying there was no excuse for him to not having gotten me reconnected this morning.

Within twenty minutes all three of our computers were back on line and he helped me to enhance my old but reliable laptop. When we were done with the computers he also pointed out a few things about my billing problem and then transferred me over to the Billing Department. Another fifteen minutes on the phone with billing saved us almost another $200.00. Now thats what you call customer service. Finally!!!!!!!

Immediately after hanging up the phone rang and it was Stanley from Tech Support telling me he had found a way to set up our computers. Controlling myself to not sound upset I told Stanley that I could not wait until tomorrow so I had recalled Tech Support and they had just finished getting me back on-line but thanks for calling me back. He sounded downcast when he said good-bye but for seven hours we couldn't use our computers because someone in Tech Support needed more training.

Like Elaine from E& R's Travels explained in a comment from yesterdays post it is hard to get good customer service today and not enough people take pride in doing there job properly. I know what you  mean Elaine because even though I worked the trades for a corporation I always did the job as if it was for myself and if I wouldn't be happy with my work I made it right. Never had a supervisor who didn't like my work.

Well hopefully we can get caught up on our research in the next 27 days when Spring arrives.

It's about time.

Krackers


Why wouldn't the skeleton cross the busy road?

Because he had no guts.

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure Stanley's real name was not Peggy? (If you watch any credit card commercials, you know who I mean!!) Glad you got it straightened out.

    ReplyDelete