It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Rescheduling and Getting Ready.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

First I would like to Thank everyone for their good wishes. This is not the type of work I am accustomed to doing. I prefer keeping busy as it makes the Time go by faster and I feel more energized. I might have to do as I have done in the past while working. I will read the Blogs we follow but might be limited on the amount of time I will be able to leave Comments. Thanks again and I’ll let you in on the high points of the job starting tomorrow.

It was just past 5:30 when I arrived at Planet Fitness. With the temperature dropping overnight the Windows were clear and you didn’t feel like someone was dumping a pail of water on you when you walked. I was just finishing my Cardio Warm-up when Rene arrived. He is another morning regular that had disappeared for over a week. Turned out he took his wife to Mexico for their Anniversary.

The rest of my workout went well even though there were a lot of people exercising they all seemed to be working in areas away from me.

When I got back to our building there was a Pickup parked in our spot. After the parking lot was resurfaced all the spots were numbered and we were told everyone would be assigned their spots. Due to the length of our Truck we chose where it would fit the easiest. We then chose the spot directly in front of it for the Car. It is not the first time this has happen and the vehicles that do it belong to other tenants but they don’t have Tags hanging from their mirrors like we do. We’ll leave them a note.

In the Apartment we only had a lite snack for our breakfast before going to the Computers. Between reading what is happening in the world I was busy calling to change appointment times for our Family Doctor, our Lawyer and the Canadian Blood Services. That had to be done all because of me getting a Job.

I also received a correspondence from Windsor Feedscrews welcoming me on board just on time to deal with a couple of Repair Jobs that came in just this morning. Looks like I’ll be busy after all.

Time suddenly seemed to jump by us and we needed to eat. Today we had Split Pea with Ham Soup for lunch. Kathy had cleaned up things in the Fridge giving us some Cheddar Cheese as a side. She also served Yogurt Cups, Fruit Cake and Orange Slices for dessert.

We were soon on our way out the door with a list of things we needed and a list of places to go and why. Our first stop was the Bell outlet at the Tecumseh Mall. I’m having issues with my Cell Phone giving me a message to delete unwanted information. Every time I try it just repeats the message and won’t allow me to delete anything. Looks like we’ll be replacing our Cell Phones soon because they are only 4G.

We did a quick walk around the Mall noting that over half of the businesses have closed. It was at that time that Kathy realized her Watch was no longer working. The only place we thought about getting it repaired was at the Devonshire Mall not far from where our appointment was.

We stopped at Motor City Community Credit Union to get some Laundry Money for next week.

Next we stopped at A&W where we used a Coupon to get our supper.

It’s been a while since we were in the Devonshire Mall. I dropped Kathy at the door I thought was the closest to the Watch Repair Booth. After parking the Car I headed in to join her. There were only a few stores closed but many of the older established businesses had been moved around. Kathy had been told the name of the repair place that had moved to the far end of the Mall. We walked all the way to one end and back by the rear loop to find the shop. He was so busy customers were lined up out the door and we could not wait.

We had an appointment with Julia at Fantastic Sam’s to get haircuts and we arrived slightly late. It didn’t take long before she had us both looking decent.

From there we headed over to the Zehr’s grocery store where we picked up supplies that will be used to make the lunch I’ll need starting tomorrow.

We drove across to Walmart where we found a new Watch for Kathy. She will still get a new Battery for the old one at a later date.

The Weather Network showed our Humidex only felt like 84 F (29 C) this afternoon.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You want the opening day of deer hunting season to be declared a national holiday.

1 comment: