It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2022

Programming Numbers and Credit Card Fraud.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though Kathy did not remember doing so because she was asleep when my CPAP Mask started leaking she smacked me on my shoulder saying to make it stop. It is not something I can totally control because the Masks just don’t fit my face perfectly but when I rolled over and looked at the Alarm Clock it showed it would be waking me in the next Two Minutes. It’s always nice to beat the Clock and wake up in a more relaxed mode.

As per usual I was in my Coveralls before 6:30 this morning. I brought the Print Out for the Plasma Fusion Arc Welder to the Lunchroom where I was able to gain more knowledge of that Machine. As soon as the Buzzer went off Three of the Senior Machinists all had jobs for me to look at. Luckily I was able to fix them all fairly quickly by using the TIG Welder. When you only apply the Metal one drop at a time it minimizes the amount of cleanup.

By 8:30 I was able to join up with Alec who had already loaded a Feedscrew that needed the Mixer Section rebuilt unto the Plasma Fusion Arc Welder. He had time enough to walk me through the Program and run the first pass on the Main Flight before I got pulled away for another repair. This one took me past my lunch before it was finished.

When I spoke to Kathy during my break she was still working on the Kitchen Project but would be taking a break to run some errands. Her plans were to pick up our Mail at Guardian Storage before dropping off her Claim Form from Healthy Heals at the Green Shield Office.

I actually took time for Alec to show me how to program Numbers for tomorrow’s first job but I might be delayed. Another Feedscrew became a victim of incompetent new Machinist. When I earned my Trade Certification it took Four Years plus Schooling but the learning did not stop there. We were constantly being trained to improve our skills. Today the Government is certifying unqualified people after Eight Months and they don’t know what they are doing. Since I am always in early I’ll start welding early and should be done in Three Hours.

After stopping at Motor City Community Credit Union to deposit my Pay-Cheque I got to the Apartment around 4:30 only to find out I forgot my Travel Mug by the PTAW in the Plant.

When I got inside Kathy had checked the Printout on our Credit Card to find some suspicious activity. When I spoke to the Fraud Department there were even more charges that had been made that did not show up on this Printout. These charges were all made through UBER and UBER Eats and charged in Amsterdam. If we want Fast-Food we use it as an excuse to get out. My new card should be here in a week.

I cleaned up the Fridge tonight by making a nice Stir-Fry with Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Cherry Tomatoes and Onions. While that was simmering on the stove I also chopped up a fresh Pineapple that we’ll have for dessert.

The 6 o’clock Local News was just finishing by the time we sat down to enjoy our Veggie Wraps.

The Weather Network showed our Humidex felt like 88 F (31 C) and we had Rain. It actually rained while I was getting supper ready and we didn’t hear it.

In response to a Comment/Question. I always enjoyed learning something new as well as teaching others. If you look how long it took to qualify as a Welder years ago in comparison to learning this High Tech Machine in Three Weeks while being constantly given other assignments it is adding up to quite a challenge. I am just keeping my fingers crossed for more Training Time so that I can properly do it when the time comes.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your home has more miles on it than your car.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry you guys were victims of credit card fraud.

    I had to freeze my credit at the three credit bureaus after our local hospital was hacked and the information of practically everyone in town was compromised.

    ReplyDelete