It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, July 2, 2022

Comment Answered and Holiday Celebrations.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It felt good sleeping in this morning even though we did get to bed later then normal last night. I managed to get up an entire Five Minutes before Kathy. I’d Planned (there’s that word again) on having Toast for breakfast but when the Margarine and Jam were frozen inside the Fridge I had to change what we were having. We ended up having Cereal instead.

At the Computers we went about our usual reading of The Weather Network, The Windsor Star (local news), Facebook Messenger, our blog’s G-Mail, my G-Mail and the Blogs we follow themselves. I even applied on a couple more Job Ads. Since both the Job Search Platforms send postings directly to my G-Mail it’s easy to deal with but I’m not happy with the newest one. When you set up you account there are Filters that you choose. Even though I’m specific on the type of work I’m looking for and what area I want to work in they are sending me Job Ads that would send me throughout North America doing things I would need in depth training for.

I also found another buried Comment that needs explaining. In Canada our Health Care is a given with no “Out of Pocket Expenses” but it sometimes takes longer to get it this way. Our Eye Care Examinations are covered but Glasses are “Out of Pocket” unless you have a good Health Care Plan through an Employer. When it comes to Dental Care it is all “Out of pocket” unless the Health Care Plan with your Employer covers it. When it comes to the cost of Dentures we still pay about Sixty PercentOut of Pocket”. Having someone in our Family that works close to the Providers it was noted that those with coverages are charged higher by the Dental Offices then those who pay completely “Out of Pocket”. We are fortunate we have the Coverage even when we Travel.

We headed out shortly after 12:00 with our first destination being Wendy’s. Today we used a Coupon that saved us money but the fact that we are seniors also has it’s perks.

Our next stop was Walmart. While Kathy went looking for Capris that were advertised I checked for No Show Socks. I got lucky but not Kathy.

Taking the Expressway we headed to Pennington’s at the Roundhouse Center. Right off the bat she had a few different styles to try before finding what she needed.

From there we drove to Princess Auto where they had McGuire’s Wheel Cleaning ProductsOn Sale”. As typical they were out of stock but I walked away with a Rain Cheque which means when they come in I can still get them at the lower price.

Back at the Apartment after opening the Balcony Door and Bedroom Window we headed back to the Computers. The Weather Network showed our temperature felt like 86 F (30 C) this afternoon but with a Northwest Wind it was comfortable. The 6 o’clock Local News came on but since this is a Holiday Weekend it was broadcast out of London a Hundred Miles away.

For supper I added Sliced Cherry Tomatoes to the Leftover Stir Fry Veggie Wraps. That really added to the taste. Kathy cleaned up the last of the Grapes and German Chocolate Cake for dessert.

As I mentioned this is a Holiday Weekend not just here in Canada but in the US as well and we’ve got Fireworks going off all around us in celebration.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

The most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence.

Blake Lively, Actress, Model

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your reply to my question on Canadian health care. I do not go online daily, but I do try to catch up on weekends.

    Happy belated 21st Wedding Anniversary to you and Kathy and may you celebrate many more.

    ReplyDelete