It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, June 25, 2021

Change Of Attitude, Good Interview and A Possible Answer.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As soon as I looked out the window this morning I knew that I’d be wearing my Raincoat when I left for work. Inside the plant the little bit of work that the Roofing Company had already done in the last few days really showed. There were still a few leaks coming from the ceiling but far less and with less intensity.

What Kathy saw all day.

Kathy would later tell me that whenever she looked outside today it was Raining steady.

The first thing I needed to do was change the CO2 Cylinder on the M.I.G. Welder. Once that was accomplished I spent the next Hour grinding the tips of the Square Stock to clean up the damage caused by the Shear on the Iron-Worker. Most of the day I would be making Bright Lights with lots of Sparks.

Paul the Owner stopped in with a Contractor and asked that I hold my fire for a few seconds as they were looking for Anchor Bolts. I was able to point exactly where they were. Paul started looking on the shelf near the desk saying there were some there before. He simply stared at me and shook his head in the affirmative when I said I had put them all together where I had showed him.

More Rain.

It was still raining at 1:00 so I called Kathy right from inside the Compound.

Kharin the Supervisor came in asking how things were going. That felt strange that he was being civil. When I explained about the Empty Cylinders he asked me to write a list of what we needed and he would order it. Now I’m starting to wonder why are these Two suddenly being nice to me the way they should have all along.

By the end of the shift I delivered Nine New Proto-Type Carriers to the Paint Line. When I took my very wet Coveralls off all my other clothes were soaking wet as well. When I collected my Pay-Cheque from Paul he actually wished me a good weekend. Something is definitely up.

I was early for my 4:00 Interview. As I mentioned in yesterday’s Blog I left this very same Company Forty Years ago. Scott the Afternoon Shift Supervisor took me around showing me the set up today. Even though I had my Welding Equipment he looked at my Resume and said he didn’t need to test me. Then he also mentioned the Company I was presently working. I told him of the working conditions there and that the Interviewer had added that on not me. He mentioned a couple more applicants to interview before making the final decision on Wednesday. I’ve been told similar before only to be passed over.

After stopping at TD Bank to deposit the Pay-Cheque I was walking in the Apartment just after 5:00. When I mentioned what happen at Work and the Interview Kathy said some of the places I applied at might have called to verify that I was working for them. Realizing that I was ready to move on because of the way they were treating me might have adjusted their attitudes.

For supper we shared a Store Bought Medium Sized Thin Crust Chicken Pizza that took all of Fifteen Minutes to be ready. With all the heat outside it was nearly too much to eat.

On the 6 o’clock Local News tonight we heard there were 5 New Coronavirus Cases in the Windsor/Essex Region leaving the area with only 56 Active Cases to continue monitoring.

Notice the Wind Gusts.

The high temperature felt like 81 F (27 C) but with all the Humidity it actually felt worse. The next Seven Days are all showing high amounts of Rain and little Sunshine which is more typical of Spring or Fall.

I still have another Interview in LaSalle tomorrow morning so we’ll see how this one goes.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.

Sir Winston Churchill, British Prime Minister.

2 comments: