It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Getting Wrapped and Another Job Interview.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

With only a couple of Carriers to repair at the start of the shift this morning my next challenge was to haul all the Material needed for these Proto-Types from the rear bay to the Compound. Doing it in Two Trips and dragging the back half because there is no cart still meant that I moved about Four Hundred Pounds of Metal over a Thousand Feet each time before stopping for a breath. It doesn’t help that we are still required to wear Masks inside the plant.

After setting up the Iron Worker it didn’t take long before that long skinny pile of Material became shorter pieces piled ready to transform. Having finished the Square Stock I was just resetting the positive stop when Paul the Owner showed up. Somehow a Forklift had managed to get some Clear Wrap (Heavy Duty Saran Wrap used for shipping metal parts) spun around a drive wheel and he wanted me to cut it off.

Taking the key from the ignition I worked for nearly an Hour cutting as much off as possible. Paul wasn’t satisfied and wanted me to do more claiming the Wrap would cause the bearing to overheat and fail. When I said a Forklift Mechanic would have to take the Wheel off to do a better job. He balked at the thought because it would cost more Money but he did it anyway because he knew I was right.

Ken the Mechanic finally showed up, removed the Wheel and spent nearly Two Hours getting most of the Wrap off. When he arrived I went back to working on the New Proto-Type Carriers. Luckily Kharin only knew that I was delayed from working on the Forklift. He still insisted I get my quota of Five Carriers done by the end of the day even if it meant staying over to do so. What he didn’t know was that I cut the materials for the entire order which means I’ll spend less time measuring and setting up then more time producing.

When I spoke to Kathy at 1:00 I mentioned that I might be slightly late because I also had to run some errands. She was fine with that. She also mentioned feeling like she had Flu-Like Symptoms. Probably from yesterday’s Second Vaccine.

Back inside it didn’t take long to make all the Tiers and start mounting them to the Hooks. The problem was that the Jig I’m told to use leaves the Clips at different angles which then means I have to tweak each one so the Customer’s Parts will hang properly while going through the Paint-Line.

It was 4:00 when I punched out and I needed to call the Employment Center because they had sent me a Text. Funny because we don’t Text. They are setting up an Interview, Blueprint Reading and Welding Test with one of my Former Employers from Forty Years ago for tomorrow at 4:00. They are only Two Blocks away from the present job but I still need to leave on time (3:30) to make it.

I stopped at Guardian Storage and was surprised to find out they were bought out by another company. We had One Piece of Mail in the last Two Weeks.

Stopping at Pioneer gas station I topped off the Truck with Diesel. The last time I did that was back in March. At $1.206 a Litre it didn’t take long to add up.

Kathy waited until I walked in the Apartment before cooking supper. She fried up a couple of Chicken Breast with Asparagus and Tomato Slices for sides. She had also been baking today and made a nice Apple Pie of which we had a slice for dessert. We also shared a bottle of Carbonated Juice which really helps to quench my thirst on hot days like this.

On the 6 o’clock Local News tonight we heard there were no New Coronavirus Cases in the Windsor/Essex Region leaving the area with only 10 Historical Cases to continue monitoring.

The temperature felt like 88 F (31 C) this afternoon but will progressively get warmer throughout the weekend as well as some Severe Wet Weather.

I am looking forward to working for a Company that treats their employees with respect and not play Mind Games. The problem will be these Two won’t understand what I am saying.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

I’m like the fabric version of King Midas.

Everything I touch becomes felt.

4 comments:

  1. I felt like I had the flu the day after my second vaccine as well. Hopefully Kathy feels better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know your diligent work will only be appreciated once you have left the company and they didn't know how good they had it.

    ReplyDelete