It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Struggling To Sleep, Seniors Shopping and Corresponding With A Reader.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Knowing that that I have a history of not sleeping very well any time the Alarm is set I cheated by taking a Tylenol to make me relax. It didn’t work as I only slept for a Half Hour before tossing and turning for the next Five Hours. I did get another Half Hour of sleep just on time for the Alarm to go off. Normally I would be out the door in Ten Minutes but today it took Twenty.

As soon as I arrived at the Zehr’s grocery store for Seniors only Shopping I put my Mask on and started putting my Gloves on while walking towards the standing area. The first person was a Senior Chain Smoker standing there with her Son. With another shopper between us helped to buffer the smoke. People are starting to get used to the timing and there were only Ten in line when the doors opened at 7:00 but there were a lot more then that in the store when I left.

There were a few things on the Shopping List that were not available but since I was driving across the road to Walmart superstore I managed to get them there. It was strange when I arrived I simply walked into the store but when I was leaving at 8:00 with my purchases there was a line outside all Socially Spaced waiting to get in.

The easiest way to bring our groceries into the Apartment was to park the Car first then return with a Shopping Cart from the rear entrance to transport them in. Kathy was already at her Computer when I walked in. Together we unloaded the Cart and she started unpacking the bags while I returned it. One of the things that would not fit in the Freezer was a Square Thin Crust Hawaiian Pizza. Since neither of us had eaten breakfast so guess what we had.
While we were eating Kathy related that she had barely slept last night. Normally it’s only one of us but not last night.

After we had eaten I replaced the Ink Cartridge in our Printer before turning on my Computer. We were both struggling to keep awake. Each time one of us felt like we were about to fall asleep we would walk around the Apartment before sitting down again.

Around noon Kathy set up the Crock Pot to cook our supper. Being we had that Pizza for breakfast neither of us were hungry for lunch. We worked together to answer an E-Mail from Ann a Blog Reader from Arizona. Hopefully the information we were able to relay will help her out.
The Crock Pot did a great job of cooking supper. Kathy plated Open Faced Single Slice Chicken Sandwichs with Mashed Potatoes with Gravy. The best part is there will be more meals from that Chicken. Most times Kathy will stretch a single chicken for Five or more meals.

We watched the 6 o’clock Local News along with a couple of Hallmark Movies. We are hoping to sleep better tonight. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

A panhandler was caught trying to sneak aboard a cruise liner about to embark on a three-day trip to the Bahamas. He was caught by the purser who threw him off the ship, telling him, "Beggars can't be cruisers."

7 comments:

  1. If I don't get out and move around, I don't seem to sleep well. I take Advil PM. Works like a charm, but I still wake up at least once. It's a pain. Smoking? I thought most everyone gave that up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to get your errands done and have that pizza for lunch..looks awesome! Dinner looks delicious for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With this isolation and ordering grocery the freezer is a big challenge. I considered ordering a small freezer but the problem of where to put it ended that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not believe you were subjected to a senior smoker! I do not know if I could have kept my cool were I in your shoes.

    Hope both of you were able to get a good night's rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you sanitize your groceries when you bring them in? Glad you got everything on your list.

    ReplyDelete