It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Running Errands In Wet Weather.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Again we were both up by 8:00 this morning and again we both slept soundly but again Kathy had a difficult time falling asleep. Again we had Cereal for our breakfast.
Even though we could have ran our errands this morning we chose to wait until we’d had lunch. Shaking it up a bit besides having Chicken Noodle Soup Kathy added Cheese and Ham on Toast as a side. Then she added the Mandarin Orange with Cookies and Yogurt Cup for dessert.

Looking down at the parking lot we saw that water Puddles were starting to build. As we were leaving the Apartment I was glad to have my Raincoat on to stay a little dryer. I’d had Kathy stay by the back door but I hadn’t even gotten halfway back to that door when she came out to avoid being Face to Face with another tenant. She didn’t have her Mask on.
The Rain only increased so when we arrived at Shoppers Drug Mart Kathy decided to stay in the Car. Like others ahead of me we Social Distanced outside waiting to be let in the store. In Two Minutes I was inside getting the Vitamins that were out of stock last Thursday. All the store employees as well as most Seniors were wearing Masks and Gloves while the younger customers were not. Again using our Optimum Points Card on a Thursday helped to save us Twenty Percent.

As soon as I was back in the Car Kathy was already handing me a Disinfecting Wipe to clean my Gloves then my Hands before I took off my Mask. With the continuing Rain we headed back to the Apartment.

I dropped Kathy at the front door so she wouldn’t get so wet. The Rain only seemed to have increased so I stuffed things into my pockets before heading for the back door. I was surprised to see Kathy walking up the drive ahead of me towards the same door. She could not open the front door with her Key even though it was an original.
For supper we had Perogies and Hot Dogs with Tomatoes as a side. That was enough to satisfy our appetites.

The 6 o’clock Local News actually talked about a few positive things that were happening locally since the Social Distancing has been implemented. We watched another Coronavirus Special. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You can spit farther than you can sprint.

7 comments:

  1. Hope your weather improves soon but at least your meals look delicious.

    I missed the Coronavirus Special on CNN at the regular scheduled time so I am watching it now at the rebroadcast since I can not go to sleep.

    Hopefully both of you are in deep slumber at this hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love hot dogs! Hopefully your weather warms soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot dogs have become my new go-to dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog last week got me wanting perogies. Just my luck, out of stock. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love Pirogies also especially when fried in butter and topped with caramelized onions. Recently I bought a couple of packages but missed the lettering "with jalapeƱos" Well, I don't think I'll buy those again, as my mouth went numb while eating those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was surprised to see only one other person wearing a mask and gloves when I was in Shoppers the other day. The staff weren't wearing PPE either. When I was finished, the cart was to be pushed to the side where an employee wiped the handle with a sanitizing wipe. At the dispensery they were gloved and wiping everything down after each customer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see life is going on for you guys. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete