It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, April 17, 2020

Seniors Shopping, White Weather, Windsor Laser and More Virus Deaths.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

As mentioned last night I set the Alarm to get to the grocery store for the Seniors Only Shopping. Once I arrived at Zehr’s at 6:40 this morning I immediately put my Mask on before leaving the Car. By the time I got in the line of people waiting to go in my Gloves were on. I was the Ninth Person waiting to go in. Luckily with the Freezing Temperatures there was no breeze which help make things more bearable. By 7:00 when the doors opened the line extended around the corner.

Strangely most of the shelves that had been empty last weekend were filled and the ones that had been filled were thin. Since our Shopping List was not as extensive as it was last week in less then Fifteen Minutes I was waiting to be checked out. Even with only Two Cashiers on duty I was heading back to the Apartment by 7:25.
I was fortunate enough to quietly get everything put away in the Fridge, Freezer and Cupboard without waking Kathy so I pushed it further. The saying is “If you want to get something done give it to the busy person to do”. Being on a roll I got things ready for breakfast turned on our Computers then I started sorting our Laundry. Kathy didn’t hear me putting Canned Goods away in the Cupboard or taking the Hamper out of the bedroom but she heard me sorting Laundry. ????
Breakfast was a Bran Muffin and our Coffee/Tea that we took to the Computers. Looking outside the Balcony Door the forecasted Flurries were slowly increasing. I checked The Weather Network, the Local News, E-mails and then the Blog. Since I don’t leave our Laundry unattended I opened all the Blogs that we follow on my Computer before shutting the lid. I then pretreated some of the Clothes before getting ready to go to the Laundry Room.
With everything in the Washers I then opened my Computer and started reading all those Blogs I had opened. Stopping only long enough to move things into the Dryers I managed to read all those Blogs before it was time to fold our clothes. Since there was no WiFi in the Laundry Room I could not leave Comments as I try to do.
It was 1:00 by the time I got back to the Apartment where Kathy was getting ready to eat. She made Grilled Ham with a side of Herb Seasoned Egg Noodles for lunch with Oranges, Cookies and an Apple Sauce Cup for dessert. It all tasted wonderful and helped stop our Blood Sugar from dropping any further.

It was close to 2:00 by the time we had the Laundry put away but I was on a roll. Kathy was going to stay home but I encouraged her to come for a ride.
With lots of businesses presently closed due to the Coronavirus only those that are deemed essential are allowed to remain open. We drove out to Windsor Laser where I had worked last summer building Aluminium Dump Boxes for 1/2 Ton Pickups. Kathy stayed in the car and had a Snap while I went inside to talk to the Owner. We spoke for a while in his office and he definitely wants me back but the Customer has put the order on hold. There is another job coming up that he’ll need additional welding done so he’ll be calling me for that. The beauty of this job is the closest you are to another person is Eight Feet when doing the install but otherwise you are Twenty Feet or more away from the nearest person. All that happened in less then Ten Minutes.
We were soon headed back in the direction of home but we had a stop planned. We stopped at the Dollarama close to the grocery store. There had been a couple of things that I didn’t find at Zehr’s this morning. Even the Stock-Boy couldn’t find it. There were a lot of people in this store but we took our time and found the last Two Items that the grocery store didn’t carry and at a cheaper price to boot.
Back at the Apartment I dropped Kathy at the front entrance before going to park the Car. In the short time it took for me to gather our purchases and walk into the building my pants had turned White. With the temperature reaching 37 F (3 C) it was all melted before we had supper.
Kathy couldn’t decide what to have so she made both Macaroni and Cheese along with Perogies for supper. We also had a Date Square and Yogurt Cup for dessert.
Wet but not white.
On the 6 o’clock Local News there were a couple more Coronavirus deaths in local Nursing Homes in the Windsor/Essex area. When the News was over we watched more Scientist and Doctors talking about the Virus.

Think we’ll both sleep well tonight and hopefully we accomplish something tomorrow. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Q: Where can men over the age of fifty find younger,

sexy women who are interested in them?


A: Try a bookstore under fiction.

7 comments:

  1. I was reading your last post about the vitamins. As soon as there is an article about anything that may help. It is gone from the shelves. I keep wondering why there are never any cleaning supplies. Take care and stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good husband! After I finished reading this post I was feeling as though I had been the one doing all the work you did today.

    Congratulations on being called back to work in the not to distant future.

    Loved the Krackers joke :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weather was sure different than ours. We had mostly blue sky and sunshine which helped it reach around 8C. We all just want and need it to warm up and stay!! Stay well you two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure had a busy day. No snow for us East of Algonquin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grocery stores are the same here. They usually have different trucks delivering different items during the week. I admit I've picked up some things I didn't really need, only because I knew they would be gone by the time I wanted them. Nice you know you have your job back. That's a relief I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great you can go back to work (if you want to)...I don't know the way he let you go wasn't nice. Gotta do what you gotta do though.

    ReplyDelete