It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Cataract Surgery, Running Into Old Coworkers, Doing Errands and Recovery.


Our Location today is at McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

We would like to thank all those who wished Kathy Words of Encouragement with her Cataract Surgery today. We were up at 5:00 this morning no thanks to the Alarm for waking us when we were finally just getting into a deep sleep. Just like when Kathy has to Fast for Blood Work she also had to Fast for this Surgery. I Fast as well and will not eat until we both eat.

Walking outside we found it quite chilly this morning with a North Breeze and a temperature of 57 F (14 C). The Rain Gauge also indicated .8 Inches of Rain had fallen overnight. 
This morning's Sumrise.
We managed to hit mostly Green Traffic Lights on our way to Windsor so I was dropping Kathy off much earlier then needed. With the new Computerized Pay & Display Machines in the One Parking Lot not working I was forced to go to the Farthest Parking Lot so I would not be Ticketed. We still managed to be the First in line when the Registration Desk opened before 7:00.

We were talking with another couple in the Waiting Room when Arturo another former Coworker came in with his wife. She’d had her First Eye done in January but developed Glaucoma before the Second Eye could be done. With everything cleared up now the Second Eye was finally being taken care of.

Knowing that my Sugar was dropping and I had to drive, when Kathy was being called in she told me to get something to eat. The Cafeteria was closed until lunch so all I could get was a Coffee and Apple Fritter at the Tim Horton’s kiosk upstairs.

Since all the tables were busy I sat in the lounge area facing the doors while enjoying my Fritter. A man with a Peculiar Limp that I had seen years ago and a young woman walked in seeming lost. When I saw the forms for the Cataract Clinic in their hands I told them it was down those stairs. Manny instantly recognized me as the Welder from the Plant. This was turning into a small workplace reunion.

Even though I had been given a Pager I sat near the Cataract Clinic Area and did some catching up with Arturo. He and his wife have added Solar Panels to their house and had to take a Loan for it. With no way to store the Energy he sells it back to the Electric Company and has made almost half of his investment back already. He wishes he was doing what we are doing.

It was shortly after 8:00 when the Pager went off. Walking into the Recovery Room there was Kathy in a Wheelchair having a Juice and looking like she had just woke up. She had been given what is called a Conscious Sedation, which meant she was just on the verge of Sleep/Wakefulness. She said she didn’t feel or see a thing but could sense people around her. Once they were happy with her Vital Stats they said I could bring the car up and they would bring her out.

Once Kathy was fastened in and wearing her new Polarized Sunglasses I took my time heading Home but the streets and roads of Windsor compare to many of the Southwest Highways. Even though I was driving below the Speed Limit Kathy could feel the jarring on her Eye.

At Home she immediately lay down on the bed for a nap. I busied myself reading all the Post-Op Information we had been given. I was about to check on her when she needed a snack so once she was seated at the Table I made toast. 
Kathy napping in her Recliner.
She sat napping in her Recliner with her Sunglasses for most of the afternoon. Once she started getting strength back in her legs I headed off to Essex. Kathy’s Computer has been giving her problems lately and since the Doctor said “No Computer” for a while I brought it in to SX Videos to have Dillon check it out and clean out the Temporary Files and Cookies.

Walking to the far end of the parking lot I went to Shoppers Drug Mart to get some Sensitive Skin Tape to hold her Eye Shield in place when she goes to bed. The Pharmacist tried selling me the smallest most expensive tape they had. After he left I put my reading glasses on and found the same Tape that was half the cost with double the quantity.

Back at Home it didn’t take long to heat Last Night’s Leftovers from East Side Mario’s for supper. Kathy had very little appetite but ate about Three Quarters of her meal.

We tried watching Over The Air Television but with the Heavy Clouds we didn’t see much. Kathy was in bed for 9:00 this evening and I probably won’t be far behind her since we have the Alarm set for 6:00 for a Follow-Up Appointment in the morning. Karen called to see how her mom is doing. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Buying a car always involves borrowing a tow truck.

5 comments:

  1. So happy Kathy did well. I had both my eyes done a few years ago. I was able to take my patch off the same day but had to put it on to sleep that night. So amazing to see so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the surgery is over, soon Kathy will be good as new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first and second days for Jim were kind of tough but he's so glad he had it done. And so will Kathy. Just makes sure she doesn't do much for the next week. Jim couldn't bend over or lift anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it went well. Healing definitely takes longer than the surgery, but soon she will be good as new.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's so sweet that you look after Kathy the way you do. I'm sure it's reciprocated, as needed, but it is nice to read about.

    My sister just had her second eye done, and is healing nicely, too.

    I'm trying to keep my computer handier than I have been. When I think of reading blogs, it's usually on another floor than I'm on. I think the iPhone has been a big deterrent for me to get on--I'd just as soon go back to a flip phone, but my kids like to text.

    Anyway, I'm going to try to keep up more. I'm sorry I didn't get to wish Kathy good luck with her surgery, but I can wish her a continued rapid recovery.

    ReplyDelete