It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Starting Treatment, Grilling Bacon and Happy Father’s Day.

Our Location today is at McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

It must be all the Fresh Air that we have been breathing because by the time I started writing the Blog last night Kathy was already heading off to bed. Unfortunately, she wasn’t the only one that had breathed all that air and I found myself nodding off at the Keyboard which meant I had to do lots of editing where my fingers had rested on the Keys. Once I was in bed, sleeping with the Windows open was comforting and the next thing I knew we were waking up to a Warm Breeze at 7:30 this morning. With today’s forecasted Humidex to be 104 F (40 C) I had the Air Conditioner on and started closing the Windows before breakfast.

Kathy took her Coffee to her Computer and started getting caught up on the News, Weather and what our RV friends are up to. I had a different kind of reading to do. With Kathy’s first Cataract Surgery scheduled for this coming Tuesday morning I needed to read the sheets on all Three different Eye-Drops that she needed to start using today. I was surprised that they are all basically Antibacterial type drops but Two are used prior as well as after the Surgery itself and some of the possible Side Effects are what they are designed to prevent.

You may wonder why I needed to read that, so I’ll let you know. Kathy like most of the population can’t put Eye-Drops in her own eyes so that chore is left to the one that cares the most for her, Me. It wasn’t difficult just some calming words and some TLC and it was over before she knew it and each time it was done later in the day it became easier. She’ll be a pro at this in Six Weeks after having both her eyes done.

Before it got too hot out, there were a few things I needed to get done. The first was to empty and flush our Waste Tanks since it has been over Ten Days since the last time it was done.

After washing my hands thoroughly and getting the Grill Mat on the Weber I started grilling Two Pounds of Bacon. This eliminates Grease Splatter inside the Trailer as well as the Inside Heat and Aroma that changes the way our Clothes smell. (“Gee, I wonder why all those dogs are following us?”) Once the Bacon is cooked Kathy can then clean the grease off and freeze them in Sealed Containers. When she needs any it’s quick and easy to warm the few slices she’ll need in the Microwave. Kathy came outside for a few minutes and the Aroma was a bit more then she could stand. We had Bacon Sandwiches for lunch before she put the rest in the Freezer.

Once I’d completed more Data Entries on the Computer I went back to do more updating of Kathy’s Personal Medical History. This way we can simply hand in a Printout whenever she needs to see a new doctor or when we’re traveling which should save a lot of time and avoid any confusion.

For supper we had Pizza grilled on the Weber. By using a Pizza Stone and preheating it we had a delicious store-bought Hawaiian Pizza in 25 Minutes.

The Weather Guessers had forecasted possible Thunderstorms this afternoon, but when the clear Sunny Sky was cooking me while I did the Pizza I knew I had another chore to do. Once the dishes were washed and put away I started watering all the Plants and Trees. In a matter of minutes, they seemed to be perking up.

Kathy and I would like to take this opportunity to wish all the Dads out there a “Happy Father’s Day”. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Do not do unto others as you expect they should do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same.

George Bernard Shaw, Irish Playwright and Critic

8 comments:

  1. Pizza stone on a grill? Cool idea. Happy Father's Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Father's Day, Rick.
    May you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Father's Day. I am so glad that Jim didn't have to have all the eye drops for his cataracts. Made it much easier for me. And he is so glad he had it done. So good luck to Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Father's Day!! Bacon cooking sounds great, saves a lot of time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great Father's day weekend to Rick and Kathy does ok with her surgery

    ReplyDelete