It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, September 22, 2017

Visiting With A Bang.

Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

It didn’t take long to have all the Window Shades up and breakfast nearly ready to serve so I had the chance to pack up our computers before Kathy got up at 8:30. She didn’t even hear the whistle on the Water Kettle going off that was how soundly she was sleeping. When she came downstairs she felt refreshed and said she had slept like a rock the entire night. As soon as we had finished eating Kathy was about to go sit at her Computer with her Coffee before she realized that it was gone. I had gone upstairs to make the bed and get myself dressed before coming back to drink my Coffee.

The sudden change in our routine was due to our expecting a visit from my sister Anna later this morning. By the time Kathy had changed her clothes I’d washed the dishes ready for her to dry and put them away before starting to haul all the wrapped Christmas and Birthday Gifts that had filled our living room up to our bedroom. It was unbelievable how much space we had by clearing out that room.

Once that was finished Kathy had a little straightening to do while I went out to move the truck over to the Overflow Parking Area over by the Clubhouse.

Both Kathy and I are wondering what kind of grass the former tenants of our site planted. With the rain that we got this week the grass on our site grew as much as Four Inches in some spots in less then a week. There is no other RV Site in this Park that has as Green or as Thick Grass that we have.

As soon as I got back I pulled the Electric Lawnmower out and started mowing the Grass. In the areas of the Taller Grass I had to go back later and rake up the clumping discharge. By the time I trimmed around the edging I had another chore to do. I had to pull out the hose and clean off the grass trimmings from the Patio and my Feet. There was so much Grass stuck to my legs it was easier to spray it off with the hose.

What I didn’t do when I went outside was to bring a bottle of water with me. With the Humidex already at 95 F (35 C) at 11:00 I needed to cool down and rehydrate myself. I was hardly cooled down when we saw Anna drive up. We had a lot of catching up to do and it was past 12:30 before we headed out for our lunch.

Our destination was the Michigan Diner in Essex. As we entered the foyer their sign showed the Specials of the Day so when it came time to order we all had their Perch Dinner with Onion Rings. There was only one thing we forgot to think about, these were not Senior Sized Meals. It took us longer to eat and Kathy also slid some of her food on to my plate but we finally Ate the Whole Thing. Even though we were full by having Onion Rings rather then French Fries we found we are not as bloated or as stuffed.

It was nearly 2:00 when we got back to our Home and even though we hadn’t stopped talking since Anna’s arrival we still had plenty of things to talk about. It was past 3:30 when Anna said she had to go and was looking forward to seeing us when we get back next spring. After one last round of Hugs she was on her way.

I was in the process of hauling the Gifts out of the bedroom when the phone rang and Kathy took the call. It was Anna saying she had just gotten in an Accident just down the road. Kathy held down the fort while I headed out to see if she was okay. 

The intersection down the road has three roads that come together with our’s intersecting on an angle. Even though the Speed Limit on North Malden Road is only 60 Kmh., I have seen some vehicles doing close to 100 Kmh. when Anna looked there was no one there but as she made the turn a Pickup pulling an Overloaded Utility Trailer was there. Luckily there were no injuries but I had to pry the fender off the tire so she could drive home. As for the Pickup, he only had the paint from Anna’s fender on his bumper.

After we watched the 6 o’clock Local News I was on the phone with my niece Priscilla assuring her that her mom’s car would easily make it back to London without needing to be towed. That’s when we got a knock on our door. Our daughter Karen and son-in-law Greg had ridden out to see our new site for the first time. They didn’t stay long as we were sitting outside and the Mosquitoes are bad in our area because of all the rain we’ve been having.

Tomorrow we plan on getting some chores done before going to the End of the Season dinner. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

There are two things to aim at in life,

first to get what you want and after that to enjoy it.

Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second.

Logan Pearsall Smith, American Writer

7 comments:

  1. Rick, glad your sister Anna was not hurt in the accident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad she was okay, could have been so much worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely lucky only the car got hurt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That damage could have been much worse, thank goodness it was still drivable after you bent the fender away from the tire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad she didn't get hurt. Not a fun way to end a fun visit.

    ReplyDelete