It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, September 18, 2017

Chores and Hamburger Night.

Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

One thing that seems to be rubbing off on me that has always affected Kathy is the sound of Rain falling on the roof at night. It seems to lull us both into a deeper form of sleep. It was nearly 8:30 this morning when I glanced at the clock and then forced myself out of bed. By the time I had the Window Shades all raised and started getting things ready for breakfast Kathy was joining me downstairs.

Continuing with our new routine after we finished our breakfast we brought our Coffees over to the Computers. We’ve been reading quite a number of Blogs from RVers who suffered only minor damage to their properties in the wake of Hurricane Irma while others lost everything they had from the storm. Our friends Karen and Al were fortunate enough to be at their lot near Blairsville, Georgia when Irma was destroying their Fifth Wheel and Boat on Cudjoe Key, Florida. The saving grace is that things can be replaced unlike a human being.

Kathy has been having a problem registering a Points Card so I called the company and they explained how to do it On-Line and even sent an E-mail to Kathy’s account. Kathy tried the same as before and I even gave it a shot. Guess I’ll be calling them back to say the problem is their Computer won’t let the registration go through. 

Since it was actually warmer this morning then it was by lunch time Kathy heated up a couple of bowls of her Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. She had me clean up the last of the Cantaloupe and Jell-O Parfait from the fridge so nothing would go to waste. The Soup was delicious, hot and filling but the best part was there is enough for a few more meals.

It had been over a week so it was time to do the Laundry today. After dodging the Raindrops by wearing my Raincoat I had no problem getting any of the machines to use in the Park Laundry Room. The only problem I had was when I was in the process of folding the last load of clothes a guy who just started his wash sits down with a Magazine to read in the middle of my folding table. He was upset when I pointed out the rest of our Laundry surrounding him on the table and that he didn’t need a table to hold his Magazine.

It was still raining when I headed back Home with our folded Laundry. It was also nearly 5:00 and since this was supposed to be the last Hamburger Night of the season at the Clubhouse guess what we had for supper. Since this was also the final Fundraiser they gave everyone there this evening a free dish of Ice Cream to use up their stock from the Ice Cream Socials they had put on this season. All the other proceeds were donated to a local charity. The best part is we didn’t have any dishes to clean and we got to visit with other Seasonal Residents for a short while.

It is looking like we’ll be getting more Rain tomorrow in our area but we’ll figure out something to do that will help us to get ready for our southern trip in Six weeks. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was like you two ... once the first drop hits the roof, I'm wide awake all night long!!

    ReplyDelete