It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2016

My Mistake, Hopeful Thinking And Fun Visit.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Having been very satisfied using Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7, I was hoping to be able to continue using one of those programs for quite a few more years. Unfortunately like Kathy’s laptop a problem developed that spelled the end was nearing and I presumed it would be easier to deal with it before we started our Fulltiming Adventure. I actually found other laptops that were commercial grade, refurbished with Windows 7 as the operating system but the supplier would not ship to Canada even if I had paid for the shipping.

In my haste to clear old things out of the apartment I cut instead of copying the files from my old laptop and installed them directly to the new Windows 10 laptop. If I had copied it instead I would have at least had the old machine to continue using and the files would have been backed up.

We never had issues with One drive on our old computers so when I was attempting to backup the new computer the warning that there was no longer available space in the One drive kept blocking the screen. When I saw the same files in Documents where I had put them I simply deleted them out of One drive. Before rechecking that the files were still in Documents I then emptied the Recycle Bin. That was when I was trying to reverse what I had just done because those files at that moment were not backed up. Somewhere one of those files also contained information allowing the laptop to go online because now it will connect to any site you want but disconnect within three seconds and I have to get it online in order to reverse the damage.

I spent most of the day online with our backup laptop researching how to recover deleted files as well as disabling One drive which also helps in Online Data Storage That is not something we are into. We figure if we can’t store information in our computers then we’ll use a Thumb drive or our Desktop Hard Drive Storage Unit.

We left the apartment around 5:30 this afternoon to drive over to our daughter Karen’s home. We had a date with our granddaughter Kylla who we haven’t seen in a while. Since she is now working fulltime she wanted to take us out for supper as a way of expressing her thanks for everything we had done for her in the past. We chose to go to Dairy Queen where we had a good visit while we ate value meals. We even drove out to Wildwood Golf and RV Park used our code and showed her exactly where we would be spending most of our time when we would be in the area. She was very supportive of our decision to Fulltime and hopes we’ll be able to live our dream for a very long time.

I might have found a way to get the new laptop back online this evening and if that works I might even be able to recover the deleted files myself tomorrow. Fingers and toes crossed! Since we are now less than seven weeks away from our April 30th target date we have a lot to do before we start our Fulltiming Adventure. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You've deliberately killed a bug with a bottle rocket.

3 comments:

  1. The difference between copy and cut are huge. Hope all works out for recovering those files.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a 2 tb external hard drive and gets backed up every 10 days. But then I have a Mac too easy.
    I never cut and paste. Copy paste then can go back and delete if I want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep watching your Adventure,and merry christmas to you

    ReplyDelete