It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Active Wet Sunday.

Our Location today is Moore Haven, Florida, U.S.A.

I thought that I’d gotten over that problem long before Christmas but it seems that it’s back. Part of the problem was that we went to bed a whole half hour early last night and my body just hates that. As part of its payback plan I was awake every half hour until 5:30 this morning when I finally just got out of bed and started my morning reading on the computer. I even managed to catch pictures of that lazy sun taking nearly an hour to finally rise above the tree line. By that time Kathy was already out of bed ready to start the day and the sun is just taking its time. 

After finishing our cereal with fresh Strawberries that we got on Friday at the flea-market Kathy headed to the computer while I made up the bed and got into my exercise clothes. I asked Kathy if she might appreciate going for a bike ride around the park and she was quick to say yes. She only rode her bicycle up to the office the other day when our SIM card was delivered. We rode the entire park this morning but at a more moderate pace that she could handle. Back at the trailer Kathy sat outside reading while she caught her breath and I worked out with my barbells. 

After lunch I read the instruction manual that Kathy had downloaded on how to install the jack stabilizers on our trailer. The instructions could have been a lot shorter if the repetition of how to tighten each bolt had been omitted. After gathering the tools that I’d need to do the entire job I sub-assembled most of the parts so that it would not be required when I’d be laying under the trailer. After laying out and center punching the first of the holes that I would need to drill I needed to do a quick shutdown of the job as the rain started really coming down. 

That worked out for the best because Kathy had wanted to attend the park’s Ice Cream Social at the clubhouse that started at 3:00 and I needed to clean up. By the time we arrived Kathy and I were the first customers of the day. As we were finishing our ice cream we were joined by Ann and Reg and we started sharing experiences of where we’d traveled to with our RVs. Before we knew it an hour had passed an even though the rain had stopped the sky was not looking too promising and we all had to get back to our trailers. 

After reading on the computers for a while Kathy seasoned and wrapped some salmon fillets for me to grill on the Weber while she sautéed some baby spinach and made a wonderful pasta Alfredo dish. Everything tasted great and as soon as we had finished the dishes we decided to sit outside and enjoy the nice clear skies. We’d only been outside a short time when our neighbors Fran and Tom stopped over for a short chat. We couldn’t have been talking for more than five minutes when the rain once again started. As Fran said it would probably stop as soon as we were all inside and it did.    

Tomorrow the weather forecast is for afternoon rain so hopefully I’ll finish installing the stabilizers in the morning. As I’m writing this post the wind and rain are battering the trailer again. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

How many film stars does it take to change a light bulb?

One, but he only takes one step up the ladder

and then his stunt double takes over.

3 comments:

  1. We are interested to hear how those stabilizer work. We are thinking of getting something for our 5er.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few wet days together can really give you cabin fever. Even a short walk in the rain we find of some help. Actually I love those odd days of rain to veg and laze around reading a book or doing some craft. Hubby has a hard time with dull wet days and I usually feel I have to play games with him. sigh! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the rain, sunshine and warm temps, better than here.

    ReplyDelete