It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, June 9, 2014

Running Around Again.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

This is unbelievable! For the second year in a row I have awaken not being able to hear from one ear. Last year around the same time I woke not being able to hear from my right ear now today it was the left. I constantly clean wax build up from them but it is not enough to stop this from happening. 
Tyler at Lacrosse.
After breakfast we went to the Tecumseh Medical Clinic where after an examination by the attending physician he told me what I already knew. When I explained that for nearly forty years I had to wear ear plugs as a form of hearing protection. At the end of the day when they were removed they normally contained wax and I never had a problem with it building in my ears. His response was my ears became accustomed to that and now after retirement continue to produce more than the norm thus causing the blockages. After getting cleaned up and they issued me a prescription for drops to help the problem we were on our way. 
Tyler helping to defend the net.
Of course it was nearly noon so we used a coupon again to have lunch at A&W where we both ate for ten dollars. 

We then headed back to the trailer with a list of things that I needed to pick up but also a key. The key that I forgot to bring the other day so I could remove the Road Debris Brush from the back of the truck. 

Our next stop was at Home Depot where I picked up the wood that I’ll need on Wednesday to make new pieces for projects that I want to finish soon for the trailer. Kathy also picked a few cleaning supplies and a new floor mat for the apartment. 

Slow me down if I’m making your head spin! Our next stop was the Zehr’s Grocery Store where we made certain not to get anything other than what was on our list. Our wallets managed to lose weight in the process.   
Kathy getting fresh air and visiting.
We stopped at Canadian Tire where I made a fast dash for a much needed tool before continuing on to Shoppers Drug Mart. Kathy mailed a letter and did some gift shopping while I got my prescription filled. 
Manning the grill. 
By the time we got everything put away in the apartment it was time to fire up the Weber to grill supper. Stepping out on the balcony we were engulfed in a swarm of Fish Flies. Every time a bird landed in the shrubs nearby the same thing would happen again. We grilled Spare Ribs and Endives for our meal. The ribs came out perfect but not having done Endives before there is room for improvement. 

We barely had time to do the supper dishes and we were heading back out the door. This time we were headed to Forest Glade Arena where our grandson Tyler was playing Lacrosse. Both teams were shorthanded tonight so it was made so that they played three on three which allowed for equal playing time for all the players. Tyler’s team also came out ahead with a final score of 13 to 9. 

The unfortunate part of the day is we ran out of time to do everything we had planned to accomplish. It’s a good thing that we’re retired so we can catch up tomorrow. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

How do you keep your husband from reading your e-mails?

Rename the mail folders "instruction manuals".

4 comments:

  1. Gotta love being able to watch the grands playing their sports and great way to watch them develop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm worn out just reading about your busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll take a nap! LOL

    ReplyDelete