It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

One Thing After Another.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Last night I just wasn’t tired so it was nearly 1:00 in the morning before I went to bed. The problem with me being up like that was that Kathy was tossing and turning unable to sleep because I wasn’t laying next to her and she needs more sleep than I do. Even this morning I still was up by 7:30 and within minutes Kathy was right behind me. 

Once breakfast was finished we did a quick check on the computers before heading out the door. We hadn’t had haircuts since the week after Easter and we were both starting to look a little scruffy. Jen performed her magic and by lunch time she had the both of us looking all spiffy. 

Since we had a few more stops to make before going home we stopped at Wendy’s where using a coupon we were both well satisfied for ten dollars. The Weather Channel had forecasted we’d be getting rain today. As we sat eating our lunch and looking outside it looked more like a downpour than rain. Few people coming in the doors that were dry. Luckily we had brought our raincoats along in anticipation of the weather. 

We made a quick stop at the Credit Union before going to the Shoppers Drug Mart for our first prescription pick up since we left for Florida in December. We then headed over to our daughter Karen’s thinking we’d surprise her with a short visit. Unfortunately she’d had therapy this morning and had such a severe headache she needed to lay down. 

Back at the apartment after a few more attempts to use PayPal I finally called them directly and explained the problems I was having trying to use their service. David had me return to E-bay to make my purchase and he made the transaction go through for me. After hanging up from him when I was reviewing the online receipt I noticed I had been in such a hurry to make the purchase that I bought the wrong item. This one is still usable but not my first choice and it is non-refundable. 

While I was having my problems Kathy was online trying to set up an account for a Medic Alert file. She was chatting with Vanesa for over an hour just getting her account set up. She then spent another hour filling in more information and even then she wasn’t finished. Now that the account has been established she can return to finish it later. 

With supper out of the way we headed to our son Kevin and our daughter-in-law Melissa’s for our weekly Wednesday night visit. Since Melissa is trying to be more health conscience Kathy and I stopped at the Metro grocery store and picked up a nice veggie tray that we all snacked on through the visit. As always we had a great visit that included a lot of laughter. 

Once we were home while I was writing the blog Kathy tried to program our new Rand McNally GPS for our trip to White Lake Michigan. Looks like we’ll be using Map-Quest and the old Garmin until we can figure out how to enter addresses we want and not where it wants to take us. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your panty lines can be seen from 100 yards away.

No comments:

Post a Comment