It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, April 28, 2014

Verizon and Other Computer Issues.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

It felt so good to get a decent night of sleep because I actually felt refreshed when I woke up this morning. Watching the Weather Channel during breakfast didn’t hold much promise of seeing normal temperatures or clear skies for the next week. Once we were on the computers catching up on our morning reading things started to feel better but then I needed to start making phone calls. 

Those of you that have been following know that we have been having trouble with Verizon. Many of you have been using them for years without a single problem. Kathy and I don’t fall into that group. We were told how we’d make the payments for our account which we followed to the letter. The problem is now our payment is not showing up on our account and you have different departments pointing the finger at each other but nothing is getting resolved. When you finally get someone to listen and take down all the information with the promise to call you back. They Lie! They just say that to get rid of you. They have your money but they want more and it’s the Verizon Corporation that is benefiting not the individuals that you are talking to. 

By lunch time I was getting mentally drained so when Kathy served the last of the Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup it helped to ease the nerves. That was when Kathy told me that she was having difficulty doing anything with her new laptop. 

I started by running scans that only found four problems that could be a threat but I kept having strange programs popping up and blocking what I was trying to do. I asked if she had downloaded any of these programs to which she said she had only Xed them out to shut them off. 

While attending one of the last Gypsy Journal RV Rallies in Celine Ohio I sat in one of the seminars that was being put on jointly by Jim Guld and Greg White. Both these guys know their way around computers. What they said was don’t X out those pop ups because when you do it actually starts loading it on your computer. 

For the next three hours I spent chasing one unwanted program after another that had all uploaded today. In the end I removed twenty-five programs that had installed themselves just by someone hitting the X to shut them down. 

After our granddaughter Kylla got off of work at 8:00 pm this evening she and boyfriend Noah picked up her brother Tyler from his Lacrosse practice then stopped by for a short visit with us at our apartment. It was fun reconnecting with the kids. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What is a flea's favorite book?

The itch-hiker's guide to the galaxy!

2 comments:

  1. Now you have me wondering...if you don't close the program out, how DO you get rid of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that tip about the X's. I knew it, but did it yesterday without thinking. I'm going to run a scan right now and see if I caused myself grief for doing that. :)

    ReplyDelete