It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Busy Running Around.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Last evening when Kathy and I went out for our Birthday Celebration I chose to have a beer with my meal. Maybe I should do that more often because I slept like a rock. Unfortunately Kathy picked up my sleepless tossing and turning causing her to have a restless night. 
Sleeping in until nearly 8:30 we simply had coffee with a bran muffin for breakfast before heading off to the computers. Again Kathy was not having any luck with her laptop because even though I have tried removing pop-up programs for the last few days they were relentless in blocking her from going online this morning.
I made a call to my surgeon’s office in response to a voice message they left yesterday afternoon. There was a conflict in my appointment time for next week and since we’ll be away the following week they rescheduled me for this Friday. The next call was to Sx Video to speak with Corey about bringing in Kathy’s laptop.
I then went online to purchase the Professional Super AntiSpyware. I was able to by two double packages for less than $15.00 apiece. One by one I loaded it onto all four of our computers and started them scanning. The professional version is much more aggressive than the free version and will do automatic updates as well as running automatic scans.
Shortly after having lunch I packed Kathy’s laptop and we headed across town. Yesterday Mark our financial advisor had to reschedule our meeting due to his breaking a tooth. This afternoon when we met him the dentist did such a great job fixing it that you couldn’t tell it had been broken. His advice to us was to keep traveling and doing what we like to do.
We drove across the street to the “Bicycle Shop” (that’s actually its commercial name) to look for a replacement handlebar stem for Kathy’s bicycle. Unfortunately with all the specialty made bikes being produced today I need to have another look at her bike to get the proper sized stem.
We didn’t arrive in Essex until nearly 3:00 and while I was explaining the problems Kathy was having with her laptop to the boys at SX Video she went next door to the Grocery store. They won’t get to look at it until Friday or Saturday and figure there is a hidden piece of Spyware that’s attached itself to another program.
After joining Kathy in the grocery store to get the items we couldn’t find last night at Metro we were just about to checkout when Roger stopped to say hello. Roger and I worked together for about fifteen years before the plant closed. He really was interested in our travels and is trying to downsize his own home in preparation for retirement. He appreciated the advice we gave him and hopes to run into us again soon.
Some people have it made.
It was now past 4:00 and we were looking forward to having supper. But by the time I loaded the groceries in the car and brought the cart back to the store I bumped into Clarence whom I also worked with for ten years in the same trade. I was lucky to only talk with him for another five minutes and he was also shocked to hear of Ernie’s passing when I told him. 
Now Kathy’s head was starting to spin from what we figure was her sugar dropping because we’ve been cutting back on our calorie intake. Before we were totally out of town I spotted a restaurant (sports bar) called “Crabby Joe’s” so I just pulled into the parking lot. There are numerous restaurants by that Franchise Name in Ontario but we have never eaten at them before. It was slightly higher priced food wise than most bars but the food was delicious and the servings were not over the top but very satisfying.
We just made it to the Credit Union in Windsor to do some quick banking before they closed at 5:00. Then we stopped at Staples to get tapes for Kathy’s label machine as well as buying a Verbatim external hard drive computer backup system. When we were visiting with Nancy and Doug in Sugar Loaf Key they showed us theirs which is perfect for travelling and protects their pictures. The best part is it has a seven year manufacturer’s warranty and holds an entire Terabyte of information and pictures and is small enough to fit in your pocket.
We finally got home just in time to see the 6 o’clock News. It’s a good thing that we’re both retired or we’d never get anything done and the next week is going to keep us hopping. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

What's bred in the bone will come out in the flesh.

2 comments:

  1. Sheesh - I get tired just reading about all your days chores!! Belated HB to Kathy and HB to you tomorrow our friends!! Glad you got that backup. It's certainly easy to use - even I can do it with minimal supervision!!!

    Have a great day tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete