It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Overnight Neighbour Gone, Working On Projects. Tasty Salmon On The Grill and Fuel Price Mistake.


Our Location today is La Posa South L.T.V.A., Quartzsite, Arizona, U.S.A.

I was up just before 8:00 this morning and our new neighbour was still there. By the time I had all the Window Shades raised and everything ready for breakfast our new neighbour was driving off just as Kathy was coming down stairs. We didn’t mind that he was only an Overnighter but by the rules of the LTVA we couldn’t object if he decided to stay. As soon as we’d eaten our breakfast we took our Coffee/Tea over to the Computers. As soon as my screen was lighting up something flashed in my eyes. Looking outside our Overnighter was back and visiting with the people who had set up camp between Wayne and ourselves. With the internet seemingly to be slow it allowed my eyes to look around and I soon saw the Overnighter was saying his “Adieus” and headed off into the Sunlight. 
Our Overnight Neighbour.
After finishing our reading and completing our inside chores we once again had Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch. From there Kathy had some Bookkeeping to do. When we return to Canada one of the things they ask is “Anything to Declare?” Not wanting to wait for the last-minute Kathy spent most of the afternoon getting all the receipts ready for that big day at the end of March. 
Overnighter came back to visit our Neighbours.
I had a hard time deciding what project I was going to work on because some just are not working out this winter. As Bill had said to me that I needed someone to help me for the Propane Line. I asked Wayne for his assistance he had agreed to lend a hand but he and Sue had left early this morning and weren’t Home. I finally remembered there I had promised to make a Two-Tier Lazy Susan for Kathy’s Spices
Progresso Chicken Noodle Soup, a Cheese Stick and a Brownie.
Having brought material from Home the only practical place to work on it was the Tailgate of the Truck. Just in the short time it took to layout the Material I drank over a bottle of Water. I chuckled a couple of times when a few neighbours on the other side of the Wash were watching me use the Jigsaw to cut out my pieces. Having noted that I was plugged in they said our Generator was really quiet. It really was considering that it wasn’t running. I was using power from our Main Inverter that was getting its energy supply from the Batteries that were being charged by the Solar Panels that got their energy from the Sun. It’s nice being “Off the Grid”. 

With all the pieces cut and smoothed I had to stop. I had already drank Three Bottles of Water in a very short while but this Arizona Sun dries you out quickly. I sat inside to cool down. 

We watched as neighbours on the North side of us started closing up their Trailer to leave at 3:30 in the afternoon. Things they were doing told us they haven’t been RVing very long. First thing you could see the Heat was bothering them. That’s why experienced RVers hit the road early in the day to stay cool. 
Grilled Salmon, Salad and Rice Stir-Fry.
For supper I chopped some vegetables for Kathy to make a Stir Fry on the stove. While I did that she prepped a nice Salmon Fillet on Foil for me to grill on our Weber Q then she made a Salad. Low and slow the Salmon took about Twenty Minutes to cook without burning and it was done perfectly. 
A Picture of our Antenna Mast lit with
Solar Powered String LED Lights.
Notice the Sunset reflecting on the Window.
Turning on the Computer this evening I noticed a couple of Comments about the cost of Diesel being wrong and it was. Wayne had showed me the cost at $2.619 which was 23 cents less then what we paid yesterday. I’ve already changed the 1 to a 2 on yesterday’s Blog already. Thanks folks didn’t mean to start a stampede to Yuma. 
Lights are loosely wrapped around the Mast.
Not sure what we have planned for tomorrow but we’ll keep you informed. Thanks for following along, feel free to leave a comment and click on the pictures to enlarge them. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

The only mushrooms you buy aren't edible.

9 comments:

  1. That's a great picture of the sunset in the back window! And it's good to know the diesel price was an error ... I wondered why it was so much in Yuma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know what you meant with the lit antenna mast. I didn't realize you had your TV antenna that high up. That must give you good reception. The lights should be a big help to get you home in the dark. Great idea. Rick, when are you going to be doing nothing? Have fun Kathy and Rick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good day, smart that you came in when you did. The heat just sucks it out of you doesn't it? Love the lights on the mast! Dinner looked awesome too! Love the sunset in the back window!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lights on the mast area a great idea to keep from getting lost in the dark!! I too drink MUCH more water here than in California.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought you got a great deal on the diesel.

    That antenna is s high one. That's what I need for my internet antenna. Hopefully it comes in sections for easy storing. Need the lights for low flying ultralight aircraft.😋

    So

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lights on your antenna do add a nice touch. The sunset reflecting on your back window really is a nice picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a good sunset reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL at your neighbors' "quiet generator" comment! Gotta love that solar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shot of the sunset on your window

    ReplyDelete