It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Missed Visits, Happy Hour and See You Down The Road.


Our Location today is La Posa South L.T.V.A., Quartzsite, Arizona, U.S.A.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

With being up early yesterday morning in search of our Generator Cover, I was having a hard time keeping myself awake long enough to post our Blog last night. Strangely once I was in bed I lay staring at the ceiling for nearly a Half Hour. Then just before 5:00 MST for the next Two and a Half Hours I couldn’t stop thinking of packing that I’ll be doing later this week. Why that happens is beyond me but anytime I think of a project or chore of any sorts to do, I dream about it which is like working in my sleep. If it’s something I just think of and can finish it before going to bed I’m safe and won’t give it a second thought. I was getting tired of laying there when I looked at my watch at 7:30 and was just about to get up. when I blinked. They say “Time Flies when you’re having Fun” well suddenly my watch was reading 8:30. 

Getting out from under the Covers I was instantly awake so the first thing I did was to turn on our Blue Flame Heater to take the chill out of the Trailer. Opening the Window Shades and getting things ready for breakfast still left me with time to check The Weather Network. Just like yesterday the temperature was unseasonably cold and there was hardly anyone outside. 

After we ate breakfast we got back to the Computers and as I was reading the Blogs we follow on our Sidebar I was shocked to see that Jim and Barb were leaving today. Since Kathy has been dealing with her Congestion Problems then Jim and Barb both came down with a Flu we didn’t get the chance to do much visiting. I hurriedly got dressed and out the door figuring I could at least say “See you down the Road”. I only had to walk past the Map to be able to see where they had been parked was very barren with only tire tracks remaining. Back Home Kathy reminded me that we’ll probably see them Somewhere down the Road. Safe travels you two! 

There is something about a nice warm bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup to take the chill out on a cool day. That and a Cherry filled French Pastry for dessert. 
Westbound Semis on I-10
One of the things that has not been readily available to me since we’ve been Fulltiming is the ability to Exercise with Free Weights and that causes problems. Keeping the muscles fit helps support the Joints and eases Arthritic Pain. While we were in Walmart yesterday I was in so much discomfort that when I suggested just getting a small set of Moderate Weight Dumbbells Kathy agreed. She also reminded me that I wasn’t as young as I used to be so I put the Forty-Five Pounders back and lightened it up. (That was lighter then I used to use.) After lunch I was outside for a very short time because, first I didn’t want to overdo it to start and secondly that North Wind was freezing. There’s less aches in this old body tonight. 
Kathy getting some snuggles in with Ely.
Around 2:30 we gathered our Camping Chairs and headed out in the Truck. Our destination was somewhere on Dome Rock Road. I love it when someone is good at giving directions that will actually get you to your destination. As soon as we saw the Landmark we headed south along a narrow bumpy path. Off in the distance on a hill directly in line with Dome Rock we saw a small gathering of Motorhomes and knew that’s where we were going. 
(L-R) Lorne, Ed, Sue, Lessie and Kathy.
Charlie and Ely looking for attention.
When we arrived, Lorne was already outside the Ponderosa setting up chairs for Happy Hour. We had the chance to sit out of the Wind and visit with Lorne and Sue before Lessie and Ed came over to join in. Sue also brought out some snacks for everyone to enjoy. Since they’ll all be leaving tomorrow Lorne was able to capture a picture of everyone just before we started saying our “See you down the Road”. We’ll be looking forward to seeing them again next year. That was when Harold and Pat arrived so we had a chance to visit with them for a few minutes as well. We met them last year at the Hot Springs with Lorne and Sue. They just traded in their Fifth Wheel for an “A” Class Diesel Pusher that they got a good deal on. Safe Travels Everyone! 

By the time we had supper I barely made it outside for some Sunset pictures. We’ve got some errands to take care of as well as starting to pack for our move next weekend. Thanks for following along, feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You have a favorite jail.

5 comments:

  1. Lots of moving going on. Wonder if everyone is starting their trek back North slowly.

    I hike alot and for some reason all I do is ache more afterwards. Not so sure exercise helps at my age☺. Does do wonders for your weight though. I've lost 15 pounds in the past two months.

    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ache a little, it means it working Doug. Congrats on losing some weight. That helps even more. Wish I could do the same!!! LOL

      Delete
  2. I have the same problems about two days before moving my rig. My only solution has been to take an Advil PM so I will sleep. Otherwise I'm wide awake all night long!!!

    Safe Travels

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the weights were probably a good idea..whatever we can do to stay in shape is a good thing. What a wonderful happy hour! Great looking group! Great sunset picture :)

    ReplyDelete