It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Walls Are Bare.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

It seems that Kathy and I didn’t quite get as much fresh air as we figured we did yesterday which meant we were dragging ourselves out of bed this morning. We made plans on what we wanted to accomplish today while having breakfast. Kathy planned on making this a cooking day while I planned on working on doing more downloading from my old PC. 

As soon as we finished our morning reading Kathy managed to make it to the kitchen unimpeded but she reminded me that we still had to pack away the large pictures and other wall hangings that were still hanging on the walls. That remark alone changed my focus from working on the PC to removing most everything hung on the wall and all their fastenings. With only two small shelves still hanging in our office the rest of the walls are bare. 

Now another problem arose we didn’t have any boxes or containers to pack them into. I found out what is advertised online at Home Depot or Lowes in the US is not always available in Canada. The closest boxes I found on the U-Haul site that would do the job I needed were meant for Big Screen Tvs. However when I called the local distributors they didn’t have any of those boxes but did have some for storing Pictures or Mirrors. Dah! 

Shortly after lunch when I returned from getting the boxes Kathy helped me to safely package our possessions. With the intent to load them immediately into the truck I walked those large boxes out only to find out the wind speed had increased and was trying to make kites of the boxes even as I held on. Loading the other containers was much easier because I could use the utility cart. 

At 2:30 I had to run an errand. Our daughter Karen had called last night asking if I could pick up our grandson Tyler at home by 2:45 and drop him off at the dentist two miles away and his dad Greg would pick him up on his way home from work. Tyler was waiting when I got there and five minutes later he was at his Dentist appointment and thankful for the lift. 

Back at the apartment Kathy and I headed over to Guardian Storage where we added our load of things to our possessions in our Climate Controlled Storage Unit. Even though we had food that Kathy had just cooked this morning sitting in the fridge so the flavors would blend overnight Kathy said she had a taste for tacos so a short drive away we went to Taco Bell and enjoyed a quiet supper that included some people watching. 

While watching the 6 o’clock News we could hear a rumbling sound outside and were surprised when the weatherman told us it was thunder. Looking outside rain was coming down quite intensely not what we need at this time of year but at least we don’t have to shovel rain. As I write this post the thunder continues to pound away outside. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!


It’s about time.

Listening to people 
wanting to share with
others in Bushnell,
Florida.


Krackers

 Employee Evaluation

"If he were any more stupid, he'd have to be watered twice a week."

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

1 comment: