It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Tired Day and Steak Supper.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Most everyone that reads these RVing blog post knows exactly what happens the night before a travel day. You can’t get a decent night sleep because of the anticipation of the alarm going off or your mind won’t shut off thinking of things that you need to do. Well we weren’t travelling today but I had the alarm set so I could have Tyler ready by 9:00 when his mother was going to pick him up from his sleepover. The longest I slept for throughout the night was a half hour. Many times I was awake every ten minutes but when I was wide awake by 7:30 I just got dressed and started getting things ready for breakfast.  
Tyler woke on his own when the sunlight started pouring in from the curtains I’d opened and the sound of me scrambling the eggs for the French toast that I was making. By the time Karen stopped by to pick Tyler at 9:00 we’d all eaten breakfast and Tyler had brushed his teeth packed his backpack and we had just walked down to the lobby just as she arrived. He had try outs today at 10:00am for a travelling hockey team. 
After they were gone Kathy needed to take a Snap (short nap) because the new medication she is taking it is causing her drowsiness and makes her want to sleep more not to mention that her night’s sleep wasn’t all that great either. I headed to the computer to start reading our morning blogs we follow. About twenty minutes later Kathy was feeling better from her short nap and started reading on her computer. 
We were here early to get a good seat.
We had a sandwich and split an apple for dessert because we didn’t want to over eat since we were going out for supper. At last month’s Retirees meeting I had purchased a couple of 50/50 tickets and they had an added bonus. The local had purchased tickets to a Steak Dinner to help support the local Veterans Support Group in our area. My ticket was drawn and I won two $20.00 dinner tickets. 
It wasn't even 4:00 yet and the place is filling up.
So after a quiet afternoon because my hernia was acting up we headed out for our Steak Dinner. When we got there the only thing we needed to do was to buy our drinks because this was being held in one of the area’s many Legions (similar to a VFW in the US). They also surprised us by having us sign our ticket stubs because there were door prizes that had been donated being given away. The barbecued steak you could cut with you fork. The large baked potatoes and large hot dinner rolls were steaming hot out of the oven. You also received coleslaw with the meal and cake for dessert and of course I forgot to take a picture of the meal. 
Everyone had to go up to get their Steak Dinners
Kathy couldn’t eat all her potato and like I said earlier my hernia was bothering me so even though I’d ask for a smaller sized steak I didn’t even touch the potato. While we were all eating they had someone on stage playing Folk Songs from the late sixties early seventies.  Once the meal was served they started drawing door prizes and guess what? We won a gift certificate for a large stone baked pizza from the Caboto Club which is one of the swankier clubs in our area. 
Quite the turnout to support our Veterans
So for my $2.00 investment we had a Steak Dinner and are going to have a nicely cooked pizza at a later date. Not a bad deal! Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your prom and baby shower were the same day.

3 comments:

  1. We haven't had French toast in forever....sounds yummy! Hope Tyler makes the team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A snap....good idea. I've been trying to take a Lonap (long nap) for days but haven't been successful. Maybe I'll have to try a snap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you both had a wonderful dinner. It's great to support the lodges! :-)

    ReplyDelete