It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Memories and Getting Trimmed.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As mentioned in last night’s Blog, I already knew what I’d be working on today. Mile told me they needed a Quarter Inch built up so it could be machined. Since it had been mounted in the PTA yesterday, I simply went about all my preparations to add an Eighth Inch of material all round. I was able to use a single Burner to heat basically the immediate area that would be welded.

I had the welding process going before the regular start of the shift. It was minutes later when Mile brought me the Blueprint that had a shocking effect on me. Strangely I had not recognize this Feedscrew but, when the amount of material to be added went from Total to All Around. Even though I’d welded a New Feedscrew back in December, I wouldn’t see it again until February when one of our Machinists had an Oops. When that happened, Mile and I would work until 7:30 on Friday evening and another Eight Hours on Saturday to make this same repair. This time however, it was the Customer himself that tried to make an adjustment that got carried away.

Between keeping the Screw heated, the Torch functioning along with having a nervous boss pacing in and out of the area, saying I was taking too long, was starting to get to me. When he returned at 2:00 as I was beginning to clean things up, he just smiled. I had achieved in Seven Hours what had taken Twelve Hours to do the first time, including replacing the Argon Cylinder that had gone dry.

I already had Three Jobs lined up for tomorrow morning when I left at 3:32.

Kathy was happy to hear that I was heading for home, and even happier when I walked into the Apartment. Like on Monday we were leaving Twenty Minutes later, after I showered up.

We managed to arrive at Fantastic Sam’s before 5:00 for our Haircuts. Even though we were early Julia worked her magic and had us out the door before our appointed time.

We stopped at the nearby Arby’s where we used a Coupon for our supper. We took our time to talk and enjoy our meal while we also People Watched. (It’s great entertainment.)

Hopefully tomorrow brings more than just work.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

I just finished the book about Mount Everest.

It was a real cliff-hanger!

No comments:

Post a Comment