It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, March 23, 2023

Challenges.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I already knew what I would be working on this morning but with another Oops happening yesterday I was slightly side tracked. I had the Burners going when Mile started pointing out a Shank repair that I had done for Vinnie the Engineer. According to Vinnie I had put more than enough material to redo the Keyway. According to Mile there wasn’t enough material and I should have known better. A quick reminder that when someone of authority tells me that’s perfect, I believe them. I spent the next Two Hours fixing a few Feedscrews before heading back to the PTA.

It was past 8:30 when I finally hit the “Begin to Weld” button. This is the same Unit I worked on yesterday. When I weld the Flights on a New Screw it is easy to do because I can increase the Amperage and Powder, normally finishing it in a day. When I do a Rebuild, like this one, it can take days because I have to apply thinner layers of Material at a lower Heat. This Feedscrew also had Thinner Flights which adds another challenge. If you try to speed things up, you have more repairs that you didn’t need to do. As I said this was a Rebuild and by the end of the day I still had to add another layer on the Main Flight before I even start the Secondary Flight. That will take all day tomorrow.

I spoke to Kathy while I monitored the PTA’s progress. She was visiting with out Good Friend Vera. It had been some time, so it was a fun visit. I reminded her that I would probably be late and it was 4:45 by the time I punched out.

It felt good to be home and finally get a chance to relax. By the time I changed my clothes Kathy had already put together our supper. We had Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls over Vegetable Rice, along with Date Squares for dessert.

My legs have been bothering me lately. While I thought it was due to all the standing I am doing, I just read an article that claims, if you don’t get enough sleep, it can cause your Leg Arteries to plug up. I guess it might be wise to get more sleep.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Why don’t ants ever get sick?


Because they have little anty bodies.

2 comments:

  1. Sleep is the answer to many things that ail us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your blog regularly I think you are working way too much and your limbs need a rest :-) Good that Kathy treated you to a nice meal so you didn't have to do that in addition to your job.

    ReplyDelete