It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Fixing The TIG and Somebody Played With The PTA.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I’m guessing that Mile takes a walk through the Plant as soon as he gets there and noticed that I was already set up to start my day before even getting there.

Even with Two Burners going I didn’t hit the “Begin To Weld” button until after 7:00. The few adjustments I had made to the speed of the Positioner and Carriage seemed to be working well, until I hit the first Transition Zone. It seemed that the Machine just could not stay on track, but I did something different. Instead of adjusting the Lead-In Values, I manually kept centering the Torch while making more changes to the speed. There were still lots of Touch-Ups that had to be done. Then like yesterday the final Mixer Flight went astray leaving a bead of weld where it will simply be removed.

Kathy was again happy that I called at lunchtime, which meant there was a good chance I would be leaving on time.

In small shops like this it is not uncommon that you need to wait to use the Crane. I had buried the New Feedscrew I’d welded earlier, before lunch but had to wait while the guys at the CNC Mill changed their job. Once I had moved the unit to the Inspection Bench I did the necessary prep work before doing the actual welding.
When I pressed the
Pedal, nothing happened. I double checked the connections but still nothing. I’d had problems last week and got it going by simply moving the Cord going into the Pedal, so that’s where I started. Opening it up there was a Broken Wire that basically jumped out of the bundle. Unfortunately, Mile didn’t have any Spade Connectors to repair it, but I did in my Organizers in the Truck. He couldn’t believe that I carry those kinds of connections. Ten Minutes later I reheated the Screw and was wrapping it up in Five.

Today was quite Cloudy.

While I was doing that Maintenance Repair, I had spotted Pat the Consultant over by the PTA. When I went to mount the Feedscrew I had just repaired, I noticed things were moved. Nobody in the Plant knows how to run the Plasma Transfer Arc, other then myself. So when I noticed the Ladder was not where I left it, I stopped in my tracks. I then noticed the Chuck was set to hold a Two Inch Feedscrew, not the Five Inch I was bringing in. Then I noticed the Carriage was jammed at the end of the Track. I had to reboot the system Five Times before I was able to reset the Fault that had resulted. I’ll be having a talk to Pat the next time he shows up.

Notice the Sun Icon. Somebody did not see the Clouds.

It was 3:33 when I punched out today and Kathy was happy to hear I was on my way. I was happy to be able to enjoy the First Full Day of Spring with a 52 F (11 C) temperature. I even had my window open on the drive home.

When it came time for supper we had Chicken and Rice Soup, along with Cheese on Crackers, then finishing it off with a Nanaimo Bar for dessert.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What did the watermelon say to the cantaloupe?


You’re one in a melon.”

2 comments:

  1. Wow- Sabotage or willful ignorance and/or arrogance? Might not be the first time Mr. consultant played with the PTA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like being a consultant. You get paid, but you're not responsible. You're just a consultant. Who's he a consultant FOR, by the way....the manufacturer of the equipment?

    ReplyDelete