It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, June 29, 2019

Changed The Roof Colour and Another Birthday Celebration.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Having made plans on what to do with my day I was a little disappointed that I slept in until 8:00 this morning. As soon as I had things ready for breakfast I immediately checked The Weather Network to verify that my plans would work perfectly.

Kathy joined me downstairs by 8:30 and once breakfast was over she headed over to her Computer while I completed my other inside chores. With the AC running my morning Coffee had cooled enough that after a few quick gulps it was gone and I was headed out the door to move our Vehicles.

I managed to find an available parking spot in the Overflow Parking Area for the Truck. Walking back towards Home Mike who I used to work with before the plant was closed waved me over. He explained that he and Russ had stopped over to visit on numerous occasions but we were never Home. I explained about all the Appointments, Graduations and Birthdays we had been dealing with and what today’s plans involved.

After Ten Minutes I was finally heading Home to move our Car to our neighbour’s site since they won’t be back home until next week. That was when Larry stopped over to talk. He also noticed that we had been gone a lot lately. Same explanation and my plans. His advice was to stay cool because there wasn’t a cloud in the sky.
Since we have been back on our Seasonal Site we have wanted to scrub down the outside of our Trailer but we either had Cold Rainy Weather or we were dealing with other things. When we started having moderate temperatures we had the Roof Vents, Windows and the Door open to keep the Trailer cool inside. With Humidex temperatures reaching above the Century Mark and having to close up the Trailer to run the Air Conditioning today was the day to get it cleaned.

From experience I gathered my tools and headed up to the Roof. Before starting to scrub anything my first chore was to tilt all the Solar Panels. No use leaving them down when along with all the Dirt we got from our travels we had lots of Pollen and Tree Seeds to clean off. I’ve never seen Tree Seeds take root between the Roof of a Trailer and Cables for Solar Panels before. I managed to get a One/Third of the Roof scrubbed from the grey colour back to its original white before going in for lunch.

Kathy made us Toasted Tomato, Bacon and Cheese Sandwiches for lunch topped off with a Yogurt Cup for dessert. I was only off the roof for a Half an Hour before getting back to my task.

Our neighbour Bill had seen what I was doing and thought he’d clean their Trailer as well but he started cleaning the side. I explained from the Roof that when you do the top first you only need to clean the sides once so he got started cleaning their Roof. We both finished scrubbing our Roofs around the same time and he wondered what was taking me so long. A 28 Foot Trailer with Three Slides cleans up a lot faster then a 40 Foot Trailer with Three Slide Toppers, along with Solar Panels and Wiring all over the Roof. He was having a Beer before I had our Solar Panels secured in their flat position. That was when I realized that I never took any Before and After Pictures.
By this time it had already cooled down outside.
It was after 3:30 when I went inside for brief rest even though I had consumed lots of liquids my strength seemed to leave me. More water was consumed before I took a shower to cool down. I had plenty of Hot Water without using the Water Heater. It was at that point I checked the weather history and saw that I had been scrubbing the Roof for Three Hours in 102 F (39 C) direct Sunlight.
By the time we got here some passing clouds appeared.
Kathy didn’t want me working or grilling supper outside in the heat the rest of the day and since we were going out we headed over to McDonald’s in Essex for supper. Since they have discontinued our favourite Sweet Chili Wraps we had their new Caesars Chicken Wrap along with their Blueberry/Pomegranate Smoothie for our drink. It was filling, healthy and the drink refreshing but their prices have gotten very expensive.
We arrived at our daughter-in-law Jen’s house right at 6:00 and were followed minutes later by her parents as well as her sister’s family. Just Nine Days ago we all got together to celebrate Connor’s Graduation from Grade Eight. Today we were getting together to celebrate Haigan’s Twelfth Birthday. The boys played a Video Game while the adults had a chance to visit. We exchanged Desert Stories with Jack and Sue who travelled to Arizona Two Years ago.
Haigan appreciated his gifts and we all enjoyed some of his Cake along with the Ice Cream. Time flies when you are having fun and it was past 8:30 when we said our see you laters.
Tomorrow we have another Graduation to take care of along with an Anniversary. Thankfully things slow down in July. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.

Henry David Thoreau, American Writer and Philosopher

5 comments:

  1. My goodness, those were awfully hot temperatures to be working up in the roof in direct sunlight. Didn't you even wear a hat? On the upside you got that chore done and over with at least for a while.

    Wow, you guys have been busy with so many birthdays, graduations and anniversaries. Now I understand why you had so many gifts to wrap up...you have a lot of family and friends which is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah ... scrubbing the roof. NOT my favorite thing to do!!! I have trouble keeping the hose from falling off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Haigan! Love that name! Boy that is hot there! I can't imagine being on the roof that long with those temps! Busy people you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the roof. Always a tough task. You have so much family between you that you do get invited out a lot. Nice to have people to visit. Many of us don't.

    ReplyDelete

  5. You guys are amazing!!! I can't wait for your next series of blog !!!👍🌹🤩 best of good luck !! Best inflatable boats

    ReplyDelete