It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, June 28, 2019

Turned Around On Back Roads, Happy Birthday Wish and Severe Storm Warnings.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Due to my late posting last night it was past 8:00 when I had the chance to see the temperatures this morning were already in the low Seventies. There wasn’t much of a shock looking at the afternoon Humidex either. Compared to last year when we started with those back in the middle of May and saw very few days below the Century Mark until the end of September. That turned into a costly season because the AC was being used almost continuously that entire time. We know that sooner or later we’ll have to run the AC but we’ll avoid it as much as we can.
Lower right corner is the forecasted Humidex for this afternoon.
After having breakfast we checked what there was on our Computers. The forecast was showing an Alert for Severe Storm Warnings for our area.

There were a number of Blogs we follow that had not written in some time so there was catching up to do. Once I had my inside chores completed I was heading out the door while Kathy planned on staying Home.

Someone that we know suggested a Local Shop might just have what we are looking for so on the off chance that’s where I headed. Since this place never advertised having such things I really wasn’t disappointed when they didn’t have it.
Our Day Lilies have started blooming.
I’d also planned on visiting with Gay for a short while but instead of taking the Main Road to his place I took the unfamiliar Back Roads. Before I knew it I was in the town of Harrow. It has been ages since the last time I was there and was surprised on a number of things that had changed.

After turning around and heading back on County Road 11 it wasn’t long before I was talking with Gay. He and Bill were working on his Street Rod that he has been working on for over a year. His hobby has helped him to get through the loss of Lizzy just before Christmas last year. It was her Living Wake that we delayed our departure last fall so we could attend. I got some information from him that will help our son Kevin when it comes to registering his Street Rod. Gay unfortunately didn’t know where I could find what I was looking for.

It was shortly after noon by the time I got back Home. Kathy was still handling the heat at the moment with just the Door, Windows and Vents open. We had Tuna Sandwiches for lunch along with a Yogurt Cup for dessert.
The Heat was starting to get to Kathy so we did a quick check of things we needed and headed for Amherstburg in our Air Conditioned Car. Our destination was the No-Frills grocery store. We took our time checking all the aisles and finding almost everything.
We headed over to Dollarama and managed to find the missing item on our list.

Even though our Temperature Gauge was showing 93 F (34 C) the Humidex made it feel warmer. We stopped at McDonald’s to get a Blueberry/Pomegranate Smoothie to help us cool down.

We made a quick stop at Kevin and Melissa’s. I gave Kevin the information that I had gotten from Gay and we wished Melissa a Happy Birthday. With the groceries in the Car we didn’t stay long.
Our neighbour's Day Lilies.
As soon as we were Home we turned on the Air Conditioning. Once the groceries were put away I checked The Weather Network to find the Humidex had reached 106 F (41 C). When you put up with the Heat that long it slowly wears you down. With the AC going before we knew it we both had Snaps (Short Naps). We had planned that I would grill supper tonight but suddenly there was Rain and Distant Thunder. It only lasted for an Hour but we decided to simply have Toast and Fruit for supper.

When we have cooler days we will be shutting the AC to keep our costs down. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You’ve worn Zebra print to a funeral.

7 comments:

  1. By 10 am I have to start using the A/C we are into the heat now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It amazes me to learn that Canada can have such high temperatures during the summer months. I do not know why I thought otherwise. Keep cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hold back on other things, so we can use the A/C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if this weather is the "new" weather or just a fluke? I'm good in the rig up to about 82 degrees ... then the AC comes on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back roads can certainly turn you around, but sometimes a beautiful way to go! Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and turn the ac on. No point in being miserable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have needed our air conditioning for the last few months but fortunately we don't pay for electricity :-)

    ReplyDelete