It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Two Barrels, Another Walk For Kathy, Quick Visit and Tasty Supper.


Our Location today is at the La Posa South, LTVA, Quartzsite, Arizona.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

We managed to get to bed early last night and slept so soundly that when I looked at my watch at 6:00 this morning I thought just a few more minutes. Since I have been feeling tired right after supper because I’m waking early. With this being Sunday a day of rest I didn’t think it would hurt. I wasn’t saying the same thing when I woke just after 8:00.

There was a definite improvement in the temperature because we didn’t have to turn on our Heater. I managed to get things ready for breakfast and started doing my morning reading before Kathy joined me downstairs. Luckily the Sun was doing its job of charging our Batteries because the Wind was not helping much.
After double checking The Weather Network as well as our Amazon orders. Even though it seems that we have lost our warmer temperatures for a few days it looks like we’ll be getting additional Rain starting tomorrow afternoon. That will be the perfect time to go into Quartzsite to get our Amazon orders at Quiet Times where we have our packages sent.
I had planned on just having Soup for lunch but Kathy knew that I would be working this afternoon so she added a Sandwich and Yogurt Cup to go along with it.

Looking outside while we ate we watched the Sun disappeared behind the Clouds and Ken’s Flags started waving more steadily.
It is amazing how handy checking our Blog can be. It tells us when we go places or do chores and I was surprised to find that it has been Sixteen Days since the last time I emptied our Waste Tanks. If you just gasped at the length of time it had been so did we. When other chores or errands need to be done that gets put aside.

Luckily we have not had a lot of Hot Days that in this area would have cause a lot of evaporation in the Tanks. We are also lucky that I no longer use a Blue Boy but a Waste Barrel in the bed of the Truck. Those Two Facts meant that I was able to back flush the Black Tank using the contents of the Grey Water Tanks to do it. By the time I finished my chore I had disposed of Two Barrels of Waste adding up to over a Hundred Gallons. We’ll be paying more attention to that in the future.
Once I was cleaned up Kathy had me grilling a Pork Roast on our Weber Q. After warming it up I was able to bring the Flame nice and Low. Putting the Grill Mat down I simply closed the cover.

Kathy went for another walk around a small section of the LTVA just north of where we are parked. She does a faster pace then my Knees will take in an effort to get her Heart-Rate up. She was only gone for Fifteen Minutes and when she got back we sat outside for a while for her to relax.

Once the Roast had been cooking for Forty-Five Minutes I turned it over. Ken came over to talk for a bit. We learned more things that he has done just like he learned about us.
After another Thirty Minutes I used the Temperature Probe to verify that the Roast was perfectly cooked. Kathy had made a Salad as our side. Everything was delicious and there’s more for another meal.

After doing the dishes we sat back to watch the movie “Road To Perdition” starring Tom Hanks as a Depression Era Gangster. He would have been the person you didn’t want to cross back then. Very Convincing as he is in all his movies. We both gave it Two Thumbs Up.

With a few more days of changing weather we’ll try to get out exploring as well as getting a few things around here accomplished. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

A leader is a dealer in hope.

Napoleon Bonaparte

2 comments:

  1. After the bad weather hits you it will be heading this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like another nice day for you two getting things done and a little exercise to boot!

    ReplyDelete