It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, March 4, 2019

Research Frustration, Cleaning Up and Cozy Campfire.


Our Location today is at the La Posa South, LTVA, Quartzsite, Arizona.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

I couldn’t believe it that I actually slept in until 7:20 this morning. By the time I had the Window Shades raise downstairs the Sun was already blazing brightly inside our Trailer so it took a few seconds for my eyes to adjust and to focus on Ken’s Flags. They were all just hanging limply not even making any attempt to move. Looking up from my Chair in the corner the Wind Generator was totally still. At least our Solar Panels were charging our Batteries.
After getting things ready for breakfast I managed to get most of my reading done before Kathy came downstairs. We discussed our plans for the day but we do admit that they were written in Jell-O so they did vary somewhat. Back at the Computers with our Coffee/Tea while Kathy started reading the morning Blogs that I had just read I went back to trying to find the English Site with all the Wiring Diagrams for our Wind Generator Meter.
I took a break from the research to complete my inside chores before going back to the Computer where just by chance I found the Site. I was able to “Save the Images” but just in case they were to small I started sketching my own copies hoping to finally get this straightened once and for all. I sketched out all Eight of the different scenarios and was about to check them out when Kathy called me to lunch.
Kathy made Grilled Cheese Sandwiches along with an Apple Sauce Cup for dessert all keeping our intake in line with our activity level.
One by One I started comparing all the Diagrams only to find that Half were actually the same as to what the Meter is already wired as. Remembering another Diagram that I had previously drawn I found the other Four to match that Diagram. Last week I had written about the Non-English Site that had only Two different Diagrams that I had interpetted according to the Wire Colours. Both of those matched Half the Diagrams that I had sketched today. That other Meter I found On-Line yesterday is looking more inviting every time I think about it.
Since we wanted to have a Campfire tonight and we’ll be heading to Parker tomorrow I wanted to clean the back of the Truck out. Setting the Chairs by the Firepit gave me room to reorganize our existing Firewood under the front of the Trailer as well as adding to the pile. I also noted that a couple of the Chairs had lost some of the Screws that hold the Footpads on so I replaced them as well so nobody will unexpectedly end up on the ground.
We shared this piece of Salmon.
Kathy had already taken a nice Salmon Fillet out of the Freezer and wanted to saute some Potato Slices as well as making a Four Bean Salad as sides. Because of the Arthritis in her Hands it was easier that I peel and slice the Potato for her before going outside to grill the Salmon. I should have started the Salmon first because we finished eating the Sides while waiting for the Salmon to be thoroughly cooked and while they were warm. It still tasted delicious and we enjoyed our meal.
Kathy had been saying she felt dragged down so I suggested we go for a walk. When she said she needed to do her dishes first I got upset and told her to go for a short walk while I did the dishes. I knew how to do them before I started Grade School. She felt much better when she got back and thanked me for doing the dishes.
There were barely any Clouds in the sky but I managed to get a few Sunset Pictures while waiting to start the Campfire. I only had One Piece of Paper inside the Tepee but the Mesquite starts burning very easily. Having given open invitations to our neighbours that if they see the Fire burning they are welcome to join us. The last one we had it was still quite Cold out but tonight the Temperature was in the Mid-60’s which was perfect.
We were happy to see Ken come over to join us first and shortly after Wayne and Sue came over. There was plenty to talk about and when Ken told us about the Tolls he has to pay in New York heading home he made us glad we aren’t pulling our Trailer through there. He also suggested a few more tricks to try on the Meter so that at least we will know how much the Generator is putting out. Ken said Good Night shortly after 9:00 and it wasn’t long after that the rest of us were starting to feel the Chill from the Desert Night Air and did the same.
(L-R) Ken, Kathy, Sue and Wayne.
A Hot Drink helped to get the Chill out making us feel much more comfortable inside. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.

Plato

7 comments:

  1. It's getting WARMER!!! What a nice fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sunset and fire pics! Hope you get your research done and get it working the way you want before you pull your hair out! Frustrating I am sure. We laughed about the dinner dishes..haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice sunset picture. What an enjoyable way to spend the evening, nothing better than a campfire and good company :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These little challenges of fixing/installing etc. keep you occupied and I think you even like troubleshooting. Campfires are enjoyed by everyone, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salmom is one of our regular meals. Great sunset:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a good husband helping Kathy with the housework.

    Loved your campfire.

    ReplyDelete