It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Another RV Blogger Heading Out. Propane Repair, Bad RVer, Winds Are Still Cold.


Our Location today is at the La Posa South, LTVA, Quartzsite, Arizona.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

After having such a busy day yesterday we figured that we would sleep like a couple of rocks when we went to bed. Instead we were both laying in bed wide awake for over half the night while thinking how lucky the other was to be sleeping. Finally accumulating almost Three Hours of rest I got up before 6:30 to start my day and Kathy would follow me an Hour later after only sleeping about Two Hours.
At breakfast we tried figuring out if we had eaten anything out of the ordinary that would have caused our problem. We were struggling to get going but we knew that if we slept during the day we would be repeating the problem tonight.
Rain in the distance.
We were about to have our Second Cup of Coffee/Tea at the Computers when the Stove refused to light. Getting dressed I hadn’t even made it out the door when the Refrigerator Alarm started alerting us to “NO LP”. 
Outside the problem was quite evident. Having just replaced an Empty Propane Tank with a Full One just the other day the Primary Tank should not have been Empty but it was and I could feel a stream of Propane blowing on my hand. One of the Propane Hoses to the Tanks was leaking. Turning on the Second Propane Tank we were able to get the Fridge once again working.
Looking up from that chore I was in shock to see that Steve and Diane’s Montana Fifth Wheel from Living the Dream was moving along the rear wash. We were planning on visiting them this weekend but they like other Canadian RVers had decided to start their trek back to British Columbia.
We loaded the Truck for the errands we needed to run we stopped at the Water Filling Stations to wish them a Safe Trip Home with hopes of seeing them next Fall. We were soon heading to RV Lifestyle before 9:30. Telling them our problem and saying that I was replacing Both Hoses had me out the door in minutes.
Our next stop was RV Pit Stop where again we were taking care of Two Needs. We lined all our Drinking Water Jugs in the back of the Truck so we would only need to lift them when we got Home. Glancing up there was a familiar looking “Stinger B” from Celebrating the Dance pulling out after just topping off their Propane. The Jeep was not attached and when we waved Tom spotted us and blew the Air Horns.
Roadrunner in the Wash behind our Trailer.
Having paid only Four Dollars for Twenty Gallons of Purified Water we then refilled the Empty Propane Tank. That was when I realized that I could have gotten our Propane Hoses right there and probably cheaper as well. The Wind seemed to be cooling things down.
Our Windsock hardly flickered.

As soon as were back Home I set about replacing the Propane Hoses. That’s when I noticed they had given me 24 Inch Lines that are normally used on Travel Trailers rather then 12 Inch that are used for Fifth Wheels. It would have cost more in Fuel to go exchange them so I simply rotated the Tanks making the New Lines the perfect length.
Before I got involved in anything else Kathy had me chopping Vegetables and Chicken to make Chicken Salad Sandwiches to go with the Chicken Noodle Soup she also made. It tasted wonderful and helped warm us up.
Since we’ll be leaving by the end of the month I needed to empty our Waste Tanks today. I had the Waste Barrel filled in short order but there was still water in the Tube. That meant I had to make a second trip at which time I brought our Macerator and the Waste Hose with me so that I was able to rinse everything and put it away for the season.
Being that there was a short wait I had the chance to watch someone pull a Large Trash Bag from his Truck and heave it not in but over the Large Roll-Off Bin then he drove away. Since I had trash to dispose of I later would pick it up then. That same Person drove against the One-Way Traffic to the Fresh Water Taps squirting water all over rinsing pails, cleaning the side of his Truck before filling a Five Gallon Water Container. While he was doing that his Dog that was off leash dropped its own load next to the Faucets and he didn’t bother to pick it up. That’s the type of person that gives real RVers a bad reputation.
By the time I got back to the Trailer our neighbour Ken had finished taking down his Tent even though the Wind had suddenly increased. I tried working on the Mudflaps but didn’t get too far. The Wind dropped the Temperature from 81 F (27 C) down to 57 F (14 C) in less then Twenty Minutes. I could see Rain falling over the Mountains west of Quartzsite.
Since it was too Windy to grill anything for supper Kathy made Chocolate Chip Pancakes for supper. We’ve got lots to do tomorrow. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Joke of the Day

It's not how you pick your nose,

but where you put the booger.

7 comments:

  1. Darn hoses! Hopefully now no more issues. Wonderful pics! My grandkids love chocolate chip pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like good hot chicken soup on a cool day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's always something to take care of I suppose. Hoping it's all good until you head on off into the wild blue yonder. I too LOVE chocolate chip pancakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is the kind of thoughtless person that cause us RVers to ready lose it.

    Hope you slept well last night. Some nights (I have lots of them) are like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many things that can go wrong with an RV and I just would not know how to fix it. Glad you have the knowledge to know that they had installed the wrong hoses and were able to fix the problem without returning to the establishment.

    You got a good bargain on your purified water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It makes me so angry when people are so nasty and have no respect for the nature and other people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a day you had. That 'bad' RVer needs to be left an anonymous note on his RV.

    ReplyDelete