It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, March 22, 2019

Balancing Act, Another Wind Generator Tour, Tender Roast On The Grill and Unexpected Night-Time Visitors


Our Location today is at the La Posa South, LTVA, Quartzsite, Arizona.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

The fact that we were both so tired when we went to bed last night helped us to get a better night’s sleep without taking anything but just like clockwork my eyes were wide open at 7:00 this morning. After opening all the Window Shades and getting things ready for breakfast I got an early start to reading on the Computer.
When Kathy came downstairs to eat after I made our Coffee/Tea I set Kathy’s by her Computer but left mine to cool on the counter while I went upstairs to start my morning chores. Once that was completed it was time to spread out on our Dining Table to do our Pill Doucettes. As I’ve mentioned many times in the past when I do this chore I am doing it for Forty-Five Days worth of Medication and Vitamins. That means that I am not always stuck doing it on a Saturday Evening when we might have an evening out planned and it actually saves me Time by doing it this way.
Here comes Wayne and Sue.
I had managed to get all of Kathy’s Doucettes completed and had just started working on mine when I heard the sound of a vehicle stop near the front of our Trailer. Since I was facing towards the rear it wasn’t until there was a knock on the door that we knew I was right. Weeks ago our neighbour Wayne had teasingly said we should charge for Tours concerning our Wind Generator. Today was no different as another couple that had questions about our setup.
Watching the Windsock which way the wind was blowing.
At least John was very knowledgeable about the Solar Panels and not expecting the Wind Generator to be instantly producing enough power to light up a small village just because it is rotating. It works the same as our Solar Panels to maintain the charge in our Batteries similar to a Trickle Charging System. He had read the same reviews that I probably had where someone had had unrealistic expectations.
Kathy waiting for our guest.
They are also parked not far from the “A” Class Motorhome that we photographed at the Dump Station with a Horizontal Axis Wind Generator mounted on its roof. They mentioned that they could easily hear it as it was rotating where they could not hear any sound coming from our Vertical Axis Wind Generator. It looks like we’ll be seeing more Vertical Axis Wind Generators out in the desert next winter.
After they left I spent another Half Hour finishing my Doucettes before we had a bowl of Soup and a couple of Cheese Sticks for our Late Lunch.
Kathy wanted to clean the Tonneau Cover on the Truck so she had me move it to the side with the cool Wind and slight Shade. She did a good job while I continued working inside.
When we travel we have to carry our Medications and Vitamins from home with us. In order to know that we have enough I actually have to count them when the numbers are getting low and enter them on a Spreadsheet that I developed. The Numbers on the Spreadsheet didn’t look right so it took over an Hour to count all those pills. Almost like an Audit. One Bottle of Vitamins had slipped out of position in the Carry Case which caused my count to be way off. Once all my Entries were made and they balanced I had the chore of storing it all where it belonged.
The last time we went to Coyote Fresh Foods we purchased a Beef Roast so while we were cooling off outside I had it cooking on the Grill Mat on the Weber along with a couple of Potatoes. That turned out to be One of the best pieces of Beef that Kathy has tasted in years.
With the Winds were forecasted to be low this evening so we had already told our neighbours we were having a Campfire. Watching the direction our Windsock was moving helped me determine how to set up the chairs but when the Fire was lit the Smoke was going in the opposite direction then the Windsock that was Twenty-Feet off the ground.
(L-R) Kathy, Sue, Ken and Wayne
Once the Fire was going Wayne and Sue brought their Dogs along which is no problem and then Ken walked over. Everyone was busy talking getting caught up on what has been happening by the time the Sun had totally set when little Maggie tensed up and started Growling. Nobody could see anything until Sue started wondering why there was a Stick by the Firepit. That was no Stick but a Three Foot Snake who was just passing through. Kathy was not happy to see it disappear under our Trailer.
After everyone calmed down the dogs started looking up and barking. All we could see were the Stars until we saw Block Spots moving over our heads and heard the Shrieking Chirp of Bats. Having shone our Flashlights on the Snake had attracted a lot of Flying Insects and the Bats were there to clear the air.
Just passing through.
We were still enjoying the Fire when Maggie again tensed looking in the direction of the Wash. When we shone our Flashlights in that direction there were multiple pairs of Red Eyes looking in our direction. It didn’t take long for them to disappear. After I turned our Security Lights on Wayne and Sue brought their Dogs home for safe keeping but came back to the Fire a while longer. 
Doesn't the Flame look like the Devil?
As I put the Chairs away I could hear the Coyotes not to far away. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

A true friend is the greatest of all blessings, and that which we take the least care of all to acquire.

Francois de la Rochefoucauld, French Writer

8 comments:

  1. Yikes! First snake I've seen this year. I'm glad it was at your house and not mine! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be a bit concerned about the snake disappearing under the trailer, too. Bonfires are always nice to attend and I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy that snake is huge! And then to bring out the bats..wow what an evening. Dinner looked absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, bet you could do without nighttime visitors like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You all had the night from hell! I would have rushed inside the RV and left everyone outside.

    I hope you gave Maggie a treat for her alertness. Now that is the kind of dog I need when I move to Terlingua!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the snake did not show up last week and I do not blame Kathy for not being happy it went under the trailer. Still a campfire with friends is always a nice way to end the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hate snacks don't care what kind they are and that one didn't look like a good one.

    ReplyDelete