It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, September 17, 2018

Finishing The Other Two Thirds and A New Use For Ketchup.


Our Location today is at McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

It was close to 8:00 when I headed downstairs to start my day this morning. I had slept soundly and Kathy would continue doing so for a while longer. As I opened the Window Shades I was amazed to see Golfers out on the course even with the haze of a lite Fog hanging in the air.

After finishing breakfast and only spending a short amount of time on the Computer I completed the remainder of my inside chores before heading outside. By 10:30 in the morning the Humidex was already at 90 F (32 C) and it was only going to get warmer.

With the latest round of warm weather, I’d left the grass grow a few more days but now it needed to be cut. With the high Humidity the grass also felt as if it had just been watered with a hose but it was strictly from the air. It took a bit longer to have it all cut, trimmed and cleaned before I started getting ready for the next chore of the day.
 

Just at that time Kathy called me in for lunch. She was in the mood for some Split Pea Soup along with some Cheese, Crackers and Mandarin Oranges for dessert. It was lite, tasty and more then satisfying.

Kathy planned on doing more research for our upcoming travels south while I went back outside to pick up where I left off last week at cleaning the other Two Thirds of the Trailer. With less of a breeze today the Solution wasn’t blowing back in my face like it did a few times on the Front of the Trailer.

I had to stop a few times and cool off inside the Trailer. I was making certain to drink plenty of water while being out in the direct Sunlight that felt hotter than the forecasted 97 F (37 C). Kathy was considering adding some stops on our way south rather than on our return. Decisions, Decisions so many choices making it a hard choice. 

By the time I stopped the second time it was time to get supper made. While I grilled some Angus Burgers on the Weber, Kathy sautéed a couple of Sliced Potatoes and cooked some Green Beans for a side.

With the extra energy to burn while Kathy washed up the dishes she shocked me when she started cleaning the outside of our Frying Pan. No matter what we have done in the past it looked a mess. Having seen a Helpful Hint on the Computer she tried it and the Pan looks like new. Using a generous squirt of Ketchup on the outside on the Pan and a S.O.S. Pad along with lots of Elbow Grease it didn’t take long before it was clean. 

I went outside to finish cleaning the Kitchen Slide which means the Trailer is totally clean. I do want to Wax it before we head south as a way of protecting it from the Arizona Sun. After closing up the Weber and my putting my cleaning supplies away I went in.

Tomorrow we both have appointments before we try to do more things to get ready for our departure. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your "tag stolen" sign was stolen.

2 comments:

  1. Ketchup? That's a weird one. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should see the RVs headed south for the winter. I stopped and got propain this morning and there was two trailers in there getting ready. You better get that trailer done.

    ReplyDelete