It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Frustrating Messages, Cool Ride, Grilling Spring Rolls and We’re No Angels.


Our Location today is at McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

When I looked at the Clock this morning it read minutes before 8:00 so I knew that I had to get moving even though we really didn’t have anything planned. It felt comfortable enough when I got downstairs that I immediately started opening the Window Shades. That’s when I realized why I had slept so soundly, it appeared to have been drizzling most of the night and it doesn’t matter how hard the Rain we are getting it makes the both of us sleep soundly. I finished getting things ready for breakfast and got into reading on the Computer when Kathy came downstairs at 8:30. When she saw the Rain on the Windows Kathy said “That’s why I slept so Soundly!” It affects us both. 

After breakfast was over we made it a Two Cup morning at the Computers by getting into different forms of research. Kathy was back to researching places for our upcoming travels while mine was trying to pinpoint Grave Locations. I mentioned on Friday’s Blog that we were wanting to get recognition for Two Serviceman that we know served during WWII but seem to be Forgotten every Remembrance Day. I hoped to be able to mark the Grave Locations on the Cemetery Map I have. When I entered their names, the site came back with “Zero entries found”. Then I found a Sidebar Locator. When I entered Richard Adams over 9,000 entries showed up some dating back to the Seventeen-Hundreds in the UK. Trying to refine the search only led to the “Zero entries found” message again.

I’m not into finding my family heritage so I can only image how frustrated those that are must get when Computers that are supposed to make things easier only add to your frustration. I’ll do it the old-fashioned way. By walking up and down the aisles of cemetery until they are found. Hopefully by our actions they will not be forgotten.


With it still Raining outside another thing that was accomplished was mounting the Sign that Kathy painted last Wednesday. Since RVs are limited to Wall Space we mounted it over the Kitchen Slide above our Fridge right next a sign our daughter-in-law Jen gave us. It is amazing what you can do using Velcro. No Holes either. 

After a warm bowl of Chicken and Rice Soup along with a couple of Cheese Sticks we decided to get some exercise. It was a balmy 61 F (16 C) as we rode our Tandem Bicycle around the Park. With this being Sunday, many had already left the Transient Area but there were plenty of Seasonals waving and smiling as we went by. 

By 4:00 we were starting to feel a little hungry because of our earlier Lite Meals. We had purchased some Spring-Rolls during the Hot Weather to have with a meal but we didn’t want to heat up the inside of the Trailer. We cooked Two each from Frozen on a Grill Mat, ten minutes per side and they tasted wonderful. Those would definitely not hold us over so when they came off the Grill the Pizza Stone went on. In Fifteen Minutes, our Thin Crust Spinach Pizza was done perfectly giving a slight crunch to the crust. We ate the Pizza so fast that I didn't get a picture but we were very satisfied.

After supper we watched the movie “We’re No Angels” with Robert De Niro, Sean Penn and Demi Moore. It was a great Comedy that kept us laughing.

Tomorrow we’ll try to get things straightened away at the Legion and whatever else we can do. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Why not seize the pleasure at once?

How often is happiness destroyed by preparation,

foolish preparation.

Jane Austen, English Novelist

5 comments:

  1. The signs really add some homeyness. And I have been using those 3M hangers more often now also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nowadays, computers are probably up near the top of the list of frustration devices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article the food looks great
    ATVS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to grill a pizza on my Weber using a pizza stone. It stuck so bad, I could hardly pry it off. Do you PAM the stone first?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your able to get those Veterans back where they belong as far as being able to be found..good for you! Love the signs in your home.

    ReplyDelete