It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Getting The Wax Out, Finding A Deal, Meeting A Former Coworker and Feeling Good Before Getting More Bad News.

Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario, Canada.

When I first heard the alarm going off this morning I thought that the battery was dying but as soon as I sat up and the volume increased I knew what it was. By the time I walked across the room to shut it down I could feel the pressure in my ear building. Before we even walked down to the Lobby Breakfast Area I was already telling Kathy about a change in our plans. As soon as we finished our Coffee/Tea while reading on our Computers we were headed out the door. Taking all the backroads that I’d driven for many years we were soon at my Family Doctor’s Office who I’ve been a patient of for over Thirty Years.

Walking in the office without an appointment as soon as Lisa saw me she knows I need help. As soon as everyone else that had been there before me were seen I was called in before those with later appointments. When George finally came in the room we had a little friendly banter before he set about giving me relief. Because of my occupation as a Maintenance/Construction Welder working in a very noisy environment in order to protect my hearing I needed to wear Ear Plugs whenever I was in the plant. The Ear Plugs would remove any Wax lining the canal thus causing my ears to produce even more. Since my retirement I seldom have any reason to wear Ear Plugs but the Wax continues to over build. Even though the effect was only being felt in one ear both were cleaned out and I can now hear everything that Kathy says to me if she is speaking in my direction. She has a habit of talking to me in a low tone while walking away.

It was past 11:50 when I came out so we drove over to the nearest Wendy’s for lunch. We shared a Chicken Sandwich but Kathy wasn’t able to finish her half, something to do with the Jalapeno Peppers that were in the toppings.

After yesterday’s news that we weren’t picking up the trailer until later this week we needed to kill some time so we went walking around the west-end Canadian Tire store. We were about to leave when we found a medium sized Tool Chest on sale for 55% Off that would replace at least two of the Toolboxes that we now carry. When I asked the Sales Rep for assistance he looked at me strangely then asked if I had worked at Essex Aluminium Plant. That’s when I recognized Ron who I haven’t seen since I retired. He was a victim of corporate downsizing when the market collapsed so it will be another few more years before he’ll get the chance to retire.

As we were leaving Kathy suggested going to Guardian Storage to pick up our Mail even though we were just there yesterday. She has been waiting for a document to arrive and it still wasn’t there today.

Being so close we drove over to Leisure Trailer Sales to talk with Stephanie. She brought us out to the building where the trailer was and reviewed everything that has been done. It was nice to see things working the way they are supposed to. We even talked to Jeff who has corrected everything on the list but one thing. Our shower door has been shearing the lower seals off and I thought it could be fixed by simply leveling the door. NOT! Our shower stall isn’t square so that is going to have to be replaced before we head south this fall. Now that was encouraging almost making the extra time worth the wait. There was one repair that requires some Fiberglass Repair and if we are lucky we’ll have the trailer by Friday but if we’re not we might not get our Home back until Monday. Talk about bursting our bubble.

When we got back to the Hotel we had to go let them know that our stay could be longer then what we thought even last night. They had to see what they could do by moving new guests around but called us later to say it was doable. Even though all these repairs are covered under warranty our Lodging Expenses are not. 

After watching the local 6 o’clock News we drove over to the nearby Swiss Chalet where we had supper. Kathy had luckily brought along all our Gift Cards so that really helped keep our expenses down. It was nearly 9:00 by the time we got back to our room. 
What we saw on our way back to the Hotel.
Can't tell this was taken in the city with all the wires.

We’ll have to see what we can do to use up some of this extra time we have on our hands. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Joke of the Day

A fine line by Mark Twain:

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

3 comments:

  1. Rick, I know what you are talking about with the ear wax buildup. I have a small syringe that I used to wash my ears out every so often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems there is always some little something that needs repair on these rigs. I have a list by the door. One day I might get them all checked off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope your unit is done by Friday, I can imagine it is getting costly living in the hotel ... one of the few downsides of fulltiming.

    ReplyDelete