It's about time.

Many of you that can relate to this. Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, August 7, 2017

All Packed Up and Settled In Our Temporary Home.

Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario, Canada.

Even though we stayed up late last night and slept in until nearly 8:30 this morning we felt well rested and ready for what lay ahead. We took the time we needed to have our morning Coffee while reading everything we could before settling down to business. We intended to be settled in our Hotel Room today so that we would not be overwhelmed with the move and bringing the trailer to the dealership all at once. That meant not just packing up the trailer for travel but to set things aside that would be coming to the Hotel with us.

While Kathy headed upstairs to get dressed I started packing up the Computers and Printer then piling them by the door. Kathy also busied herself upstairs getting the last of the toiletries from the Shower and the Bathroom Sink stored to bring with us.

When I went upstairs I started packing away our CPAP Machines and then put them with the Computers by the door. Since there could be a considerable amount of dust when work is being done to the Nose Cap our Bedcover was packaged and stored under the bed. Our Pillows were bagged and put with the rest of the To-Go items that were beginning to create quite a pile by the door. Once the rest of the Bedsheets were straightened and the bed made I installed and tucked in the 8’ x 12’ Plastic Paint-Sheet that will hopefully keep enough dust off our linens that we can wait a couple of days before washing them again.

Once we were nearly ready I moved the car to our neighbour’s empty Site while I backed the truck to within inches of being hooked up. The car was then backed in to our Site as close to the patio as possible where the loading began. The temperature was mild today so we had all the windows and outside door open which helped. Even though I was doing the exertion because it was already past noon Kathy’s Blood Sugar was dropping and she was getting disoriented. She even forgot we’d grilled extra Hamburgers last night for today’s lunch. It didn’t take long to Micro-Wave our lunch and it was only minutes later that Kathy started feeling better.

With lunch and the loading over I went outside to dump and flush our Black Tank but not the way I usually do it. I actually used the Flush Connection to clean as much of the waste as possible. I busied myself releasing the Strong-Arm Stabilizers, Cable Coaxial and Power Cord while that was happening. After shutting the Flush off I closed the Twist-On Gate Valve and first backfilled the Black Tank with the Grey Water Tank for the shower. Shutting that valve I then opened the kitchen Grey Water Tank. Since it is located higher it would raise the water level in the Black Tank. When it stopped increasing the Black Tank Valve was shut and I opened all the other Gate Valves leaving it go down the drain. Inside the bathroom I dropped a packet of a Black Tank Cleaner called Gladiator that is supposed to help clean out the debris in the tank as well as the Sensors just by having that water splashing around while we go down the road.

Kathy was ready to bring the Slides in so starting with the Main Slide she pushed the button while I pushed on the outside of the Slide. The other two went in unassisted. We worked together to get hooked up and everything else put away. Looking at the sky there was nothing but Black Clouds in every direction. As soon as Kathy moved the car I was able to pull out with no issues.

After leaving the Park there were small drops of rain on the windshield. By the time we got through McGregor the rain was really coming down and it continued that way until we were arriving at the west-end Walmart in Windsor. We parked the truck and trailer and headed to our Hotel that was just up the road. 
Our room is half way down this hall.
Not as appealing as the mountains.
Our only picture today.
Getting signed in was easy but with no Luggage Cart everything had to be hauled by hand and there were only two doors at either end of the hall and our room was right in the middle. Each load I had to use the Room Key to open the outside door. As I brought it in the room Kathy would put it where it belonged. It wasn’t until nearly the last load that I noticed just how large the parking lot was here. As soon as everything was inside our room I got permission from the clerk to bring the truck and trailer over and park in the back lot.

By 5:00 Kathy was feeling wore out and hungry so we drove over to the nearby Taco Bell where we shared a Box Meal that we found satisfying and tasty. From there we drove back to Walmart and had no problem bringing the truck and trailer over to the Hotel.

With our only needing to walk out the back door we should have no problem being at Leisure Trailer in Lakeshore by 8:00 tomorrow morning. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

You Might Be a Redneck If

Someone has to translate for you, and you speak English.


  1. Good luck with your RV repairs, I hope it all goes well!

  2. Hope all,your repairs go well and quick!

  3. Good luck, try and enjoy your necessary hotel stay! Pretend it is a vacation!

  4. What a pain to do all that work. Hope they get it all done correctly so you don't have to do that again!

  5. So much work .. I hope they get your slides fixed quickly and you're back in your home, relaxing!!

  6. No fun having to hotel it whilst the RV is getting fixed. Hope the repairs go quickky...and cheaply!