It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Donations, Purchases and Birthday Wishes.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Whatever bothered me yesterday was totally cleared out when I woke up this morning. Even so sleeping with the window slightly ajar last night and temperatures just above the freezing mark we both managed to sleep in this morning. I had planned on attending a meeting at 10:00 at the Union hall but with the late start and things I still needed to do before going there was no way I’d arrive before it was half finished. Instead we spent time discussing a few other things we needed to get done today. 

We had a lite lunch of the leftover chicken from last night’s supper and were out the door by 12:30 only today we were both heading in different directions. Even though I do enjoy being with Kathy when she goes shopping for clothes she always feels guilty that I’m just hanging around so this afternoon she was headed to Sears located at the Devonshire Mall. She was able to take her time without worrying about me. 

I went to the Canadian Blood Services building for my regular eight week blood donation. Because I had documented proof that I had donated twice while in Florida they credited those donations to my file bring my total donations to 94 today. Donating on both sides of the border has its advantages because I can share information with the people working these clinics as to the differences they both have. However I was surprised to hear that by my next donation date the questionnaires we fill in will be paperless. In other words they’ll be digital. After my donation was complete I used the technique I learned in Florida to raise my arm over my head for a minute to completely stop the bleeding. This also stops any bruising at the needle site and should be almost invisible by the morning. Not a technique normally used in Canada. 

After having the customary juice and cookies I walked down the hall to the other side of the building. The blood donor clinic shares the building with VitalAire which is the supplier of CPAP equipment for both Kathy and I. Kathy had wanted me to check when our next supply order would be filled. Our files showed we had been there on November 13th of last year and our health care coverage allows for supplies every six months so yesterday was the day. She’ll have our orders filled before we leave next week. She also loaned me a different CPAP mask because the style that I’ve used since day one has its flaws and hopefully this will work better. 

I arrived back at the apartment moments before Kathy. Even after spending that time by herself shopping she was only able to find a single pair of Capris that she found fit her properly. Around 4:00 Kathy called our granddaughter Ashley to wish her a Happy 21st Birthday from the both of us. Unfortunately because she still has exams this week at the University we won’t get a chance to see her until this weekend. 

For supper we finished the last of the Pepper Steak on Rice that Kathy made the other day topped with a wonderful Asian Salad. Tomorrow will be business as usual as we get things ready to leave hit the road next Thursday. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Today's pictures were taken at
the Dolphin Research Center on
Marathon Key, Florida. 


Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

We All Cry Over Spilt Milk

No, the dry creamer for the coffee is not good enough for you. You have to bring in your own milk or that foofy flavored creamer. That smell? It's your dairy products spoiling in the fridge. Go to Starbucks downstairs.

The Office Refrigerator, www.craigslist.org

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting us know where the pictures were taken. We plan to stop at Marathon Key. Hope we have time to check this place out.

    ReplyDelete