It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, May 17, 2024

Doing Today What We Missed Yeserday.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though we had nothing pressing this morning, we still managed to be up minutes after 8:00. We had a snack for breakfast before heading out the door, to do Today, what we didn’t do Yesterday.

One of the things the Surgeon wanted me to do, was get another X-Ray of my Hip/Leg. There wasn’t a single parking spot available, anywhere around the Hospital on Monday. Today every Handicap Parking Spot was filled and the only regular spot I could find was at the far end of the farthest lot. The saving grace to that long distant walk was a sticker on the ticket machine that said, “Anyone with a Handicap Sticker, parked in the lot for Free”. That saved $8.00.

It only took a couple of minutes to get signed in at the Radiology desk, but there was an Hour wait time before being called to the X-Ray waiting area. I was able to leave my valuables with Kathy when I was finally called in. It amazes me how the Technicians ask you what the problem is, then contort you into multiple positions that make it nearly impossible to hobble back to the Car afterwards. I had to sit to catch my breath before we went anywhere because it not only affected my Hip/Leg, but my Hernia as well.

It was at that time I realized, my mental list had already failed me, and it was only 12:30, so we headed to Wendy’s for lunch.

Once we’d eaten, we headed to Motor City Community Credit Union to do some banking, before heading back home.

I dropped Kathy and her keys at the front door before driving back to our Truck. I needed to get the Ownership and Insurance Slip, while Kathy was upstairs retrieving the Ministry of Transport papers that we had forgotten.

I barely got back in the Car when Kathy’s Phone, that was inside her Purse started going off. It was the Windsor Sleep Disorder Clinic calling to set up an appointment for the both of us. Luckily, I had our Appointment Book in the Car. I did ask the Assistant to hold for a moment while I drove to the rear door and parked, just as Kathy was coming out. We continued the information session on speaker before we settled on an available Appointment Date. It seems we are either stagnant or so busy we haven’t got time to think.

The Service Ontario Office was packed when we walked in and there were only Two service people taking care of processing Driver’s Licenses, License Stickers and Health Cards. It took another Hour before we were at the counter. When asked what we had, I responded a Car and a Challenge. When the worker saw the price of Truck’s License Sticker ($256.00), she knew what I meant.

We were both wore out by the time we got in the Apartment and didn’t have supper until 7:00. We finished the evening watching a Mystery Movie.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What is fast, loud and crunchy?


A rocket chip!

1 comment:

  1. I am worn out just reading all that you went through.

    ReplyDelete